Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: We will make top 4 that is all

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    If the defense wasn't in the absolute state it's in right now I wouldn't bet against that happening. But it's a shambles, they could easily put another 5 past us.
    Anyway, talk of top 4 will die after Sunday when that lot turn us over. It's happening.
    It's a team game We play or rather we're supposed to play a pressing and counter pressing and winning second balls game

If our forward line aren't doing it properly, it effects our midfield and defence and how poorly the attack and midfield are doing it is compounded to make our defence suffer more than any of them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    [B]
    And here we are - all yearning just for the chance of a top 4 finish.

All that revenue.. All that money...
    Provided I am in a decent enough state of mind for it, I'll probably be aiming to do a semi-lengthy post on the accounts when they're released. I have a few things on the Horizon (wedding I have to attend, business plan to discuss with someone, possibly seeking land for another business and a few land owners to speak to about land management for declining species) but I still think I'll have time.

I'll attempt to address some of the "whys" during the conversation that post will likely set off. It'll be fairly factual and I'll try to keep personal bias off it as I think it's fair to say that we have very differing views on the owners and frankly I won't want to go twelve rounds with anyone on the FSG stuff for the 428,912,037th time. We all know each other's positions and it's a bloody dull chat.

Just a brief one on the revenue, yes - the £594.3m is a very impressive figure on first glance.

But a £368.5million wage bill (up from £314.5m in 20/21) is substantial to say the least - one of the highest in World Football - and that eats a BIG chunk of the £594.3m figure up.

We incentivised contracts rewarding players for success (we went far in multiple comps) along with new deals for Fabinho, Van Dijk and Trent in 2021 - plus we had Salah’s new bumper contract - that's going to come into play for this season’s accounts.

Things like Anfield's bills (electricity etc) often get forgotten about, plus tax payments.

Also £22.1m disappeared on agent fees (more than Elliott and Carvalho, or Ox+Keita+Firmino's annual wage with change to spare) whilst amortisation of player registrations sat at £107.8m from the 20/21 season.

So the £594.3m gets eaten into pretty fast. The "bills to pay" phrase that often gets somewhat ridiculed online - but is still very real.

Hope this info sheds a little light.

Just doesn’t seem to be the spirit in us this time round to make a great run. Adversity seems to really effect us instantly this season

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Just doesn’t seem to be the spirit in us this time round to make a great run. Adversity seems to really effect us instantly this season
    Just have to hope we win the next two.

If we do (huge if) then by the time the whistle goes on Sunday, we would have 4 wins and a draw from our last 5 games.

Hard work needing done this week. Win and a clean sheet against Wolves would be a real help, though can't underestimate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Just have to hope we win the next two.

If we do (huge if) then by the time the whistle goes on Sunday, we would have 4 wins and a draw from our last 5 games.

Hard work needing done this week. Win and a clean sheet against Wolves would be a real help, though can't underestimate them.
    Well they blew us off the pitch a few weeks ago so you’d certainly hope we don’t underestimate them.

Agree. We dont look capable of it, we could do with three points tomorrow night as Sunday could be anything. I won't be surprised either way on a draw, a hammering/convincing defeat or a win where we turn up and perform.
    If we win tomorrow night 10 points out of the last twelve is decent considering our current state.

Must beat Wolves. They can revel in their recent victory, this one is at Anfield and although we were shocking (truly shocking) against them at home in the cup, I feel we owe them a hiding..

Win that and we can swat away those pesky manc twats..

Well they blew us off the pitch a few weeks ago so you’d certainly hope we don’t underestimate them.
    No Thiago Keita or Elliott will help us immensely, our main issues this season that have caused the kind of results we've seen are the elements i've been warning about since the final third of 19-20 to date

Overplaying playing too much in front of teams

Losing our runs in behing through needlessly overplaying

Losing our width and Robbo/Tsimikas in tandem with our LFWD on the left and with it our ability to release players with switches and medium to long diagonals

All of the above seeing a massive drop off in our pressing and counter pressing levels and ability to frequently win second balls as a new point of attack

That ^^^^^ about sums up the majority of it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No Thiago Keita or Elliott will help us immensely, our main issues this season that have caused the kind of results we've seen are the elements i've been warning about since the final third of 19-20 to date

Overplaying playing too much in front of teams

Losing our runs in behing through needlessly overplaying

Losing our width and Robbo/Tsimikas in tandem with our LFWD on the left and with it our ability to release players with switches and medium to long diagonals

All of the above seeing a massive drop off in our pressing and counter pressing levels and ability to frequently win second balls as a new point of attack

That ^^^^^ about sums up the majority of it
    Even in game where the runs are there if we don’t score we stop doing it. Hopefully a proper Liverpool performance tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

The final figure is expected to climb up to the hugely significant £600m mark.
    The current record revenue secured by a Premier League club is the £613m reported by Man City for last season, in their last set of results announced in November.

Only Man City (£570m) and Man United (£494m) secured higher revenues than Liverpool in 2020-21, a season played mostly behind closed doors.
    So, Man City's record revenue, for last season.
    How much of that was down to "sponsorship" do we believe?
    Amazing how Man City are generating such high revenues.