Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: We will make top 4 that is all

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    So, Man City's record revenue, for last season.
    How much of that was down to "sponsorship" do we believe?
    Amazing how Man City are generating such high revenues.

To be honest, it’s not that amazing as we speak. And much of it will be sponsorships, just like ours. They have been winning at such a rate these last 12 years in the most watched league on the planet, that these numbers are not so outlandish.

What do we think our revenues would be like without the success this team has had? Imagine Rodgers stays or replaced with another manager, we go on to perform at United’s levels.

Does anyone believe we are close to £600 million? Sure we have a far larger global fan base BUT sponsorships are also driven up in line with TV revenue as both are linked to performance. All things being equal, United are way out on top, with us second, but with City winning so much, they are going to be the leaders here. At least at this time.

For me issue isn’t their revenue, it’s how they attained it. The financial doping that got them to this place. In our case it was Jurgen Klopp. At least that is what I believe. For them it was clearly state backing. But if you keep winning and winning in a sport that is demanding more and more eyeballs globally. You will start generating huge sums.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st March 2023 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    To be honest, it’s not that amazing as we speak. And much of it will be sponsorships, just like ours. They have been winning at such a rate these last 12 years in the most watched league on the planet, that these numbers are not so outlandish.
    One of the points of allegation in the recent list is the overstating of sponsorship deals from 2012-16 and hiding the source of revenue linked to State-backed companies in Abu Dhabi - so I'll remain extremely sceptical about their revenues as I find it hard to envisage them suddenly coming to a stage on the journey where they collectively decided "okay - we'll play fair now" - but needless to say we can't prove or disprove otherwise.

Really hope the book is thrown at them eventually. It's the hope that kills you though!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We'll see. We aren't thumping Real Madrid but I still think finishing 4th is possible, however difficult.

Anfield needs to become a Fortress for a bit.

Positives to look for are -

- Most of our games against sides in the Top 10 have been away matches, meaning most of our remaining "big" games are at Anfield.
    - We have 3 clean sheets on the spin in the League
    - We have played Man United at Anfield something like 21 times since 2003 and they have scored 2 goals or more at our place a grand total of twice. I know "records are there to be broken" and they may well turn up and rock us, but history is on our side here and our crowd will be bang up for this.
    Yep agreed but against Madrid it was nothing more than a 2 man tent that blew down in a gale...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Yep agreed but against Madrid it was nothing more than a 2 man tent that blew down in a gale...
    Fair point - though the number of sides in World Football capable of picking a team apart quite like that is very small and we thankfully don't have to play sides like that most weeks.

45 points to play for.

Indeed, we just have to face the likes of Wolves and Brighton, and Brentford, and Forrest, and Leeds. Most of whom beat us without conceding goals.

We are a mess. Ownership is a mess and we are a mess on the pitch. Klopp has held it together as much as he can but it’s bursting at the seems. The owners are treating the club like a pimp treats a hooker.

Liberty Media look odds on to be the latest profiteers seeking to take a bite out of our cherry…

A win tonight is beyond crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Indeed, we just have to face the likes of Wolves and Brighton, and Brentford, and Forrest, and Leeds. Most of whom beat us without conceding goals.

A win tonight is beyond crucial.
    They did - and we have to be better - but the majority of sides in the League aren't putting 5 past us in a fashion where it looks like they didn't break a sweat.

Even if we rely on a dodgy deflection here, refereeing error there etc we are certainly capable of beating these sides - even though some will be difficult and we definitely won't win them all. I'd hazard a guess at 33 of the remaining 45 points but who knows.

100% with you on how important the win is tonight.

We will mate. I think we have hit rock bottom - or as bottom as this team can get. We still have so many good players.. Surely the only way is up.?

I cant take another loss right now. We can’t take another loss, worryingly - nor can Jurgen.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st March 2023 at 07:28 PM.

Highly fucking likely with Klopp taking crack while picking his midfields if tonight is anything to go by

The way he's fucking going he's most likely going to play Nunez as a No9 where he's been poor and Jota at LFWD
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

After we beat utd today top4 will be on the lips of you all!!!!!!!

yeah baby
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    After we beat utd today top4 will be on the lips of you all!!!!!!!

yeah baby
    That's the spirit Kev - hope you're right!