Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666 ... LastLast

Thread: Other teams World cup thread

And another let off, Canada must punish them

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Krammaric should’ve put this game to bed
    Not been watching the World Cup - is that Andrej Kramaric?

I remember wanting us to sign him at one stage when he was at.....Rijeka I think it was. He had a really good goal-scoring record there (nearly a goal per game) and was available inexpensively.

Ended up at Leicester of course. I had almost entirely forgotten about him until seeing his name come up.

Lovely goal Krameric 3:1

So many in football could learn from Croatia. Tiny tiny nation - how do they have so many superb technicians? And the game they play is actually so fooking simple. Passing - the quality of the pass when in tight areas - it’s football at its most devastating.
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th November 2022 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not been watching the World Cup - is that Andrej Kramaric?

I remember wanting us to sign him at one stage when he was at.....Rijeka I think it was. He had a really good goal-scoring record there (nearly a goal per game) and was available inexpensively.

Ended up at Leicester of course. I had almost entirely forgotten about him until seeing his name come up.
    Yes that’s him. He was at Leicester before Hoffenheim? Decent finisher but slowish in speed for the PL to me.

Worth noting - Luka Modric has been almost invisible - relatively speaking - Kovacic comfortably outshining him.

Croatia have to make it 4:1and somehow fluff it badly. 3 queuing up to strike - keeper stranded and somehow the Croat found his legs

They might get a decent win today but you have to bury those

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Why, don't you like the little fella?
    Arguably the best but I can't be having his arrogance (I'm sure he's worried )
    The way he bottled it at Anfield plus the way he left his so called beloved Barca to go to PSG. If he loved them that much I'm sure he/they could've came to an agreement .

Plus he's far to much of a good guy / family man to be the best. We all love a good wrong'un!!

Well he certainly isn’t the best ever whatever the media of the day will try to say - and almost nobody will be even putting him in that bracket in 15 years time. He benefitted HUGELY playing inside the best team in the world without him. Model pro and career WITH the best team in the world BUILT to get the best of him. It’s why he has continually looked half the player when not in a Barca shirt

Best player of this era - yes - he is better than Ronaldo. But compared to Diego. Not in that class. He wouldn’t stand a hope in hell of doing what Diego did at Napoli - that’s before we even look at World Cups… and he was embarrassed by Modric at the last One of those in 2018..

He has been marketed brilliantly though.
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th November 2022 at 07:56 PM.

As Spain hit bar then post with one love move and strike. Bigger game but again lessons for Klopp and our game in general. Passing is superb. Let’s hope they can keep it up. Ze Krauts need a win or they are out