Thread: Your team v Aston Villa

Your team v Aston Villa

You know what - that was far from perfect - and Núñez (much as I rate him) dragged MULTIPLE chances which is very frustrating - but that was a welcome return to "real" Football. Not the desired result, not the performance I'd have wanted - but a decent enough watch and I look forward to more games. Glad to have a slightly less congested fixture list in truth, much as I don't enjoy being knocked out of Cup competitions.

Champion's League qualification is something we need to chip away at and that long grind begins with a Boxing Day match against Aston Villa. A win needed, needless to say.

Subject to fitness/availability -

.....................Alisson

Trent.....Matip.....Van Dijk...Robertson

......................Fabinho

..........Henderson......Thiago

Salah...........Núñez......Carvalho

We have work to do. Let's get to it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Nunez needs ro keep playing at LFWD in Diaz's absence, and because until he shows the necessary hard work and continuous intensity and dedication to improving his finishing to a level where he routinely puts chances like the one's he had tonight and in other games away from those positions when played at No9, his most productive and best position for us at present is and has unquestionably been at LFWD

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Bobby/Oxlade Nunez

We desperately need both Enzo and Jude in on January 1st, we no longer have the passing ability or the pressing ability of the required level in midfield, in terms of pressing and counter pressing we were a long way off being good enough and City were better than us with and without the ball tonight, we need to be at least better at one of those things to remain competitive
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We desperately need both Enzo and Jude in on January 1st, we no longer have the passing ability or the pressing ability of the required level in midfield
    That won't be happening, though if the Argentinian journalists are to be believed, we are certainly trying on Enzo - £88m was bid.

A signing would be so welcome. Hope our current midfield roster find their best for Villa - points on the board combined with dropped points elsewhere can improve a situation so quickly.

The game is on Amazon prime incase that balls up anyone's plans to watch the game.

Keita is back
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

hopefully brentford can get a result v spurs in early KO can see it happening
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I'll probably miss most of the match. going out with family for a meal.. so im hoping we can win.we need too.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Alisson
    Trent Konate VVD Robbo
    Hendo Fab Thiago Carvalho
    Salah Nunez

442 in honour of Messi's great win at the World Cup