Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Cody Gakpo

Surprised.

Link ?

On gakpo no50

“He is a really, really good player and has the potential to become even better,” said Jürgen Klopp of Gakpo after Liverpool completed the £35m signing of the forward from PSV Eindhoven at the end of last year, and while the 23-year-old has struggled to show that for his new side, the proof of his talent was very much on display at the World Cup. Gakpo was excellent for the Netherlands, scoring in each of their group games and generally dazzled with his speed, athleticism and technical ability – as he had also done at PSV throughout 2022

Looks potentially a very good Bobby replacement does Wagbo
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Can't be serious Hendo not on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Can't be serious Hendo not on the list.
    Far too many of our own fans DRASTICALLY underrate Henderson's incredible contribution and simply exceptional game understanding and intelligence

What's become pertinently obvious over the last 3 and a bit season's, in conjunction with Jurgen's frequent comments about 'his manager on the pitch' and 'giving te lads responsibility to work things out' is that Henderson's role in orchestrating our play in 19-20 was far greater than even i'd given him credit for

He truly was THE driving force behing our only title win in 33 years

We've been so incredibly lucky to have such a rare and exceptional talent and Captain

Gakpo showed so much today.

There were doubts as to his acquisition and why we didn't target a midfielder instead. The thinking appears to have been that we could press from the front and score more goals - hoping that these attributes would cover up for some midfield issues - and it has to be said that over the last few games it looks to be paying off.

Let's hope he and the rest remain on course.

He looks every bit a successor to Firmino that we can be proud of if he keeps this up - and seems so calm and composed in interviews.

Lovely to see 4 of the goals come from the "next generation" today and Gakpo contributed and then some!

One word, AUTOMATION

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    One word, AUTOMATION
    You jest, but as a person with an exceptionally rare proclivity for seeing patterns, it's clear to me at least a great much of it is being restored game by game by playing as we did in 18-20 again and having new players like Nunez and Gakpo perform their roles as Mane and Bobby defined them, again, you're welcome

You missed all my moaning about losing automation and no longer getting the best out of Robbo with no width on the left and him not having a wide forward to link up with, erm, check our first goal, again, you're welcome

Even better was Wagbo made sure w had width there as Nunez had gone central, already some automation of good movement and understanding of keeping the shape and width developing from reverting to playing as we did in 18-20 and the only way of playing with which Jurgen has been successful

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You jest, but as a person with an exceptionally rare proclivity for seeing patterns, it's clear to me at least a great much of it is being restored game by game by playing as we did in 18-20 again and having new players like Nunez and Gakpo perform their roles as Mane and Bobby defined them, again, you're welcome

You missed all my moaning about losing automation and no longer getting the best out of Robbo with no width on the left and him not having a wide forward to link up with, erm, check our first goal, again, you're welcome

Even better was Wagbo made sure w had width there as Nunez had gone central, already some automation of good movement and understanding of keeping the shape and width developing from reverting to playing as we did in 18-20 and the only way of playing with which Jurgen has been successful
    OK, so Klopp must take all the credit. Correct?