Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Cody Gakpo

His two finishes today were of the highest quality

Gakpo after 14 games now , settling in and showing why in the top 50 world best players.
    Excellent yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Right now we have zero flanks working most of the time. (Elliott still get in Trent's space, even yesterday when good that needs fixing, Robbo had support out there from Wagbo or Nunez yesterday)

Right now we don’t have the energy across the entire team. (Didn't look lacking yesterday played in the right system)

Gakpo is a stop gap. A reaction to inaction across the squad. A flawed and desperate attempt to fight off the inevitable.
    Astonishing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Apparently as he walked off the pitch yesterday Gakpo was heard to say “fuck for this…”
    Lolzer how did everyone else miss this classic, you're wasted here Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Looks potentially a very good Bobby replacement does Wagbo
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    "He has previously admitted to working on his game with his father in local parks when time allows, such is his dedication to his development." NineteenX likes this
    Yes he does

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Astonishing
    Not astonishing at all. That is precisely what Gakpo was. I don't believe for one second anyone thought Gakpo was our most pressing need. You yourself and more than half this forum knew full well we were well short in the middle and the defence. And this is the reality. anyone want to argue that fact - look at the league table. But we had a raft of injuries so Gakpo was likely rushed in to cover.

He has looked better and better in recent weeks and we all hope it continues but that doesn't change reality.

I understand that you are hurt by being exposed for what you are.. This is just a desperate attempt though.. condolences

Settling in can be tough for any player and especially in a new league. He will be given plenty of time, but so far we haven’t seen anything, not a single flash. Don’t see the pace, or the skill or anything as yet. Difficult situation to walk into for sure, but a quality player shows something - no? It’ feels a little like we have signed the next David Ngog
    Interesting

Not astonishing at all. That is precisely what Gakpo was. I don't believe for one second anyone thought Gakpo was our most pressing need. You yourself and more than half this forum knew full well we were well short in the middle and the defence. And this is the reality. anyone want to argue that fact - look at the league table. But we had a raft of injuries so Gakpo was likely rushed in to cover.

He has looked better and better in recent weeks and we all hope it continues but that doesn't change reality.

I understand that you are hurt by being exposed for what you are.. This is just a desperate attempt though.. condolences
    Steveo lashing out after being drastically wrong AGAIN Carry on Jon

And here is the full post.. and it all stacks up

No - this is wrong imo.

As I have said before - put the 2019 midfield in there right now and you would see even less offensive ability.

There is no fab 4 or fab 3 and both FB’s are a shadow of what they were. That prime trio of Salah - Mané and Bobby …. Supported by Trent and Robbo - does not exist. They have been run into the ground. Virgil isn’t the same fella either. The midfield is poor yes BUT it was never great. Better defensively then - better offensively now imo.

Where is that blistering pace up top to combine with the false 9…link up play…as Bobby did do often? We have lost that entirely,. As we have out wide. We had it on both flanks.. Diaz helped us a ton last season. That raw pace meant we kept. Both flanks running even when Salah’s form dipped.

Right now we have zero flanks working most of the time. In fact - unless Robbo runs there is nada.

Right now we don’t have the energy across the entire team. This isn’t just a personnel issue, that is a factor yes and the midfield has been neglected - we all know this - but this runs far far deeper

And midfielders don’t make runs when their front line is so out of sorts and their defence is so shaky, that is the natural order of things. 2 mids don’t fix this. They are much needed but something else needs to happen.

Gakpo is a stop gap. A reaction to inaction across the squad. A flawed and desperate attempt to fight off the inevitable. Yes - something needs to happen - Starting with these fuckwit owners selling up to someone who has the passion to take a risk. Sell up - and sell up fast.

They won’t though. They want investment. They don’t want to kill the goose that laid a golden egg. Liverpool FC is by a distance their grandest asset. Their only global asset.
    And as I mention here - as the front line clicks we see the results. This post is a pop at the lack of business across the squad...