Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cody Gakpo

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Interesting
    Pretty accurate I would say

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I understand that you are hurt by being exposed for what you are..
    What ARE you on about here? this is hilarious

I moan about lots of areas of our play going awry over the last 2 and a half seasons and what that might lead to

It does lead to that, Jurgen tries everything but what I believed to be the solution, formation change, ditching his entire midfield and blaming them, none of it helps

Then from the Everton game on, Jurgen tries adopting how we used to play in 18-20 reintroducing all the elements I moaned we were losing or had lost almost entirely from our game

We then win 4 out of 5 league games, drawing one, keeping 5 clean sheets and scoring 13, doing pretty much exactly what I said needed to be done and putting back pretty much all the things I said it was foolhardy to ditch, while Steveo and Kev in particular were in complete disagreement with me and taking the piss because they had no fucking clue what was coming

And I've been exposed............ Carry on, that's fucking hilarious Jon
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And here is the full post.. and it all stacks up

And as I mention here - as the front line clicks we see the results. This post is a pop at the lack of business across the squad...
    It really doesn't, how we've played since Everton, putting back or trying to put back all the elements of our play I said we were losing or had lost entirely is reaping dividends, that post shows you really are a proper Jon Snow mate, you're doing a damned fine job of exposing yourself for EXACTLY that Carry on, it's most entertaining

You also need to accept Jurgen did fuck up royally with his supposed evolution, because he did, he has made a considerable about turn and gone back to what worked and what he was best at over half way through the season, no two ways about it, I genuinely don't know WHAT he was thinking, if you're the world's best at playing a certain way and the only success you have only had was playing a certain way, it's really not advisable to ditch almost all of it

You also need to accept Jurgen did fuck up royally with his supposed evolution, because he did, he has made a considerable about turn and gone back to what worked and what he was best at over half way through the season, no two ways about it, I genuinely don't know WHAT he was thinking, if you're the world's best at playing a certain way and the only success you have only had was playing a certain way, it's really not advisable to ditch almost all of it
    Good advice. What if he didn't ditch it? What if you're just imagining that?

Steveo tried to convince Lady Melisandre, the Red Woman of his 20 years out of date footballing theories

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Good advice. What if he didn't ditch it? What if you're just imagining that?
    We lost the runs in behind, we lost the switches, we lost the width of the LFWD linking with Robbo, was lost our press and counter press, we lost our direct ability, we lost our ability at counter attacks, we lost our tempo, intensity and penetration playing in front of teams far too frequently and more

All of that happened, and while I was the first to see it happening I was by no means the only person to comment on the loss or absence of those things, others acknowledged those things were happening but insisted it must be part of a plan, a plan that never materialised into anything before reverting to what this group of players does best

@19 it’s pretty desperate to be trawling back to when Gakpo first arrived and was quite frankly utterly anonymous. We all saw it. Tough gig as I mentioned. But that is the reality.

One aspect I saw yesterday on a few occasions was him doing enough to stop the defender getting an effective clearing header that we then picked up the second ball from when he knew he wasn't going to win it or there was no value in him wining it

Mane was top class at that, good to see from Gakpo, something we need more of from Darwin

What ARE you on about here? this is hilarious

I moan about lots of areas of our play going awry over the last 2 and a half seasons and what that might lead to

It does lead to that, Jurgen tries everything but what I believed to be the solution, formation change, ditching his entire midfield and blaming them, none of it helps

Then from the Everton game on, Jurgen tries adopting how we used to play in 18-20 reintroducing all the elements I moaned we were losing or had lost almost entirely from our game

We then win 4 out of 5 league games, drawing one, keeping 5 clean sheets and scoring 13, doing pretty much exactly what I said needed to be done and putting back pretty much all the things I said it was foolhardy to ditch, while Steveo and Kev in particular were in complete disagreement with me and taking the piss because they had no fucking clue what was coming

And I've been exposed............ Carry on, that's fucking hilarious Jon
    But you have been exposed.

Not just for inventing what even happened V Inter Milan. Only to conveniently attest to getting things a bit mixed up.

Not just your claim that the manager was "taking crack" with his selection for Wolves - a game we happened to win - and one of the 5 games you count in your proof of the right system. Sadly not met with your approval at the time due to the absence of Hendo..

Your assessment of the lineup proven totally and utterly wrong.

As it was again last night. But this time, with Hendo in attendance its ok for you to be happy. Claiming 5 games and no goals conceded despite shipping 5 v Real. But that time it was all the fault of Gomez in the absence of no Thiago to blame.

You are a fruitcake