Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cody Gakpo

Klopp's done everything I've been banging on about us needing to and we're winning , even if I and a great many others haven't necessarily agreed with the line up at times, everyone thought he'd been smoking crack with that midfield line up v Wolves, go and check the match thread

You're just pissed because every single thing I've said about your fantasy all fur coat and no knickers show pony Thiago are entirely accurate and you know it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh really - is this the same man who was accused by you of “taking crack” before the Wolves game?

We then witnessed your drivel after the game as though we had lost, despite the fact we had won.

Keep them coming dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Klopp's done everything I've been banging on about us needing to and we're winning , even if I and a great many others haven't necessarily agreed with the line up at times, everyone thought he'd been smoking crack with that midfield line up v Wolves, go and check the match thread

You're just pissed because every single thing I've said about your fantasy all fur coat and no knickers show pony Thiago are entirely accurate and you know it
    On The manager

except - on just 25 February after the Palace game - slap bang in the middle of this so called mirror image of 2018-20…

He's fucking lost it after watching that tonight, ridiculous line up, ridiculous subs, no plan, no clue, no width on our left from the LFWD all game a feature he introduced when bringing Jota in for Bobby in 20-21, he's just fucked everything off that once made us a brilliant team, there's nothing there, not a single working functioning relationship between any of those players from what it was, you could see that getting worse and worse last season despite our playing every game, we scrapped through so many by the skin of our teeth only by the virtue of having quality in depth fit forwards and defenders

That was fucking woeful tonight

Same geezer who questions IF Klopp is taking crack for the next game v Wolves - which we win.. and who then goes on to say this..

No idea how we have managed 4 Premier league clean sheets in a row

You do feel we might need more midfield creativity on Sunday, although, Alisson, Virgil the full backs, Jota and Wagbo provided as much as we needed to score twice tonight
    Same geezer who says this after the win..

We were very awful for the most part and struggled to create. the usual, overplaying needlessly, no-one taking responsibility, going sideways and backwards when there were good options ahead of them none of them wanting to be the one who might give the ball away and Wolves possession by actually trying to make something happen even in pretty low risk situations , playing in front of Wolves with no runs in behind and not really looking like creating anything

Nunez created a bit running at Wolves, Jota too a couple of times and showed no small amount of quality setting Elliott up with 2 glorious chances he should have buried both of, one rescuing and making something of Jota's poorly overweighted pass, the other chesting it off making it sit up really nicely to be smashed home

Other than that we were always looking at a set piece and getting great delivery from one, after the goal Wolves crept forward a little and Wagbo release Tsimikas in behind quite brilliant and he just drove on and into the box to tee up Mo

Mo stank the place out for the most part as he always does whenever Elliott plays, kept dropping very short trying to run at and past players with the ball and make play rather than making runs in behind and playing on the last defender which he's very good at

Elliott is just annoying in general, his shitness, his face and his stupid hair

it made me laugh at least, Bajcetic was a liability tonight, Fab was too first half had Wolves got it together for their forward to knock it back to the runner (Fab's man) on the FIVE occasions they played it long and had that runner off Fab in acres, same tactic Brenford used in last season's 3-3 btw, one of the draw that cost us the league title, although VAR handing City 4 points were the real culprits. You lot haven't noticed, but it is a tactic many opposition sides have employed against us, long ball 3 v 4 in our favour, but a midfield runner off Fab, try and knock it down to the runner, 4v4 with the runner having 3 players to try and play in and no pressure on the ball, go watch the Brentford 3-3 highlights

The mids did precious little of any use tonight for me, Bajcetic got caught and robbed at least 3 times in stupid areas from which a better side would have punished us, not one of them played forward with any quality, Alisson, Virgil, Trent and Tsimi plaed forward with more quality than our entire midfield mustered all game

This is all from the same geezer who is now citing these games as evidence that the manager has listened to him and that's why we are back!

Either the manager IS following your mantra and setting up as you like or he ISN'T? IF we win and he HASN'T (and gone against your better judgement) HOW can you have the cheek to cite these games as evidence that he is indeed following your instruction to success?

Don't you see the problem here?

WHICH IS IT?
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th March 2023 at 10:23 AM.

NPD Jon Snow here you are AGAIN doing exactly what i described on the other thread just now, oh and the mind reading has even crept into this one

Here you're maybe muddying the waters because of the absolute guff you posted about Gakpo

Breakthrough goal v the filthy? Gakpo providing the width on the left and link up with Robbo wasn't it?

Ntw i don't think anyone involved in the running of our club reads here, but you very obviously do with your little episode of projection

Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This is all from the same geezer who is now citing these games as evidence that the manager has listened to him and that's why we are back!

Don't you see the problem here?
    No, i see a rational reasonable person recognising the ongoing tweaks and the progress being made as it is being made, having said it was going to take time

It's not a contradiction for a person's opinion to change as tweaks are made game by game and progress is made

The midfield was shite v Wolves, there were numerous comments by numerous posters to that effect in the match thread prior to kick off and throughout, it was tweaked again for Sunday's game as part of an ongoing process that will take time, it worked better everyone was happier

Yes - but you weren’t happy with the lineup on Sunday either. Salah - the geezer you wanted listed last June proving to be unplayable with guess who behind him..? Elliott of all people.. who’d a thunk it?

As I have said, the lineup is different almost every bloody week. That is a huge part of what has led to such a poor season. We have had injuries and core players have been shattered mentally and physically. The front line was changed 66% post World Cup. No Diaz, Jota or Bobby. A new Kid called Gakpo, who looked extremely ordinary to us all for weeks, thrown into the mix often next to either Elliott or Carvalho with Keita bringing up the rear.. I mean.. How in the living fook can you choose to ignore these facts?

The only reason we escape Palace with a point is very likely due to the fact Keita looked like he was going to walk and got hooked at HT.

Does anyone have any confidence that we don’t lose that game if he stays on?

The introduction (too much though) of Bajcetic has been great - as has the return of Jota and Bobby and the support that has given to Gakpo to develop (which he has) have all contributed to better showings first from Fabinho - and latterly from Hendo. 2 players that were both looking done.

No coincidence at all. Even Elliott who many of us moan about - has shown again he has qualities.

It isn’t a change of system - it’s the return of missing players. Virgil for one. Did we forget? Less pressure on everyone to be at 110% - more space for Mo - and finally - goals
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th March 2023 at 12:28 PM.

Elliott had his first good game there on Sunday and long may he continue to improve, but there were groans from many at his inclusion because he has been consistently poor there other than on Sunday and his presence there has been hugely detrimental to Mo and Trent for too many games this season, or did it all suddenly work because of Thiago's absence everything seems to point to that

Despite the fact he was one of our top performers in the win v City? Remember that game?

Or the 9:0 v Bournemouth
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/0...layer-ratings/

Harvey Elliott – 9

Involved in the buildup for the first and the second – which he rattled in himself for a well-deserved goal after being one of the team’s few impressive performers early on this term. Absolutely brilliant finish, first time into the far corner. Brilliant run and would-be assist for Salah soon after. Had an excellent first half before being subbed at the break, the most in-form midfielder at the club so far this term.

Or V Newcastle at Home when he was MOTM
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/0...yer-ratings-2/

Harvey Elliott – 8 – Man of the Match

Was impressive in attack and also in recovering the ball in defence against Joelinton.
    Had the team’s first shot on target in the 60th minute, and played a great ball for Salah who set up Firmino’s goal.
    Was Liverpool’s best player on the night.

Sorry dude, but there is just too much guff and not enough substance to your thinking and your claims

Jurgen took crack before the wolves game? would explain the excessive Cheshire cat smile he has when we are losing
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century