Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cody Gakpo

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not really, just finally took one glove off to eviscerate your inventions, your re-writing of history AND your bogus assessments which chop and change from game to game and sometimes even half way through.

Just give over and accept that you are a hack. Don't try and belittle the manager that brought us back to the top table and maybe, just maybe - you'll be ok.
    No mention of the 4-1 reverse to Napoli Elliott started? You know the loss that that meant we ended up playing Real?

No of course not selective as ever
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No mention of the 4-1 reverse to Napoli Elliott started? You know the loss that that meant we ended up playing Real?

No of course not selective as ever
    It was a game we lost, like every game we have away in Naples - As we did in Paris and in Belgrade.. in the seasons you cite as when we were at our invincible best..

October 3rd 2018
    Napoli 1 Liverpool 0

Oh and before you get onto one. Hendo came on for the injured Keita on 19 minutes..
    They had 14 shots with 5 on target - we had 4 shots and not a single one on target.
    Described as one of the most one sided European games in our history with a scoreline that was a freak - totally flattering us.. Short memory

I blame Elliott

Watch and weep 19.. watch and weep.

September 17th 2019
    Napoli 2 Liverpool 0
    A closer game but a game we lost by 2 goals to nil.

Winning games with a performing front 3 will look like we did 3 or 4 years ago because we haven't seen that level of effort in those areas since then
    One thing we've missed this season is the intensity of Mane's pressing, who was better at it still even after losing a little pace and strength than any of the current lot

One thing we've missed this season is the intensity of Mane's pressing, who was better at it still even after losing a little pace and strength than any of the current lot
    Well at least this we can agree on. I doubt anyone on this entire forum would.

Ah cmon you are rewriting history. You were one of his harshest critics in our failed title defence,

Looks potentially a very good Bobby replacement does Wagbo
    He certainly does, he's kind of the ideal Bobby replacement, quite sure we could use him as a second striker deeper when trying to play Nunez as a No9 but a lot of work to do with Nunez being stronger in front of CBs and getting hold of the ball and keeping it to bring other into play before that happens, could see Gakpo creating for Nunez, scoring himself and releasing our left and right forwards to score or assist aswell, he's a very talented lad

Settling in can be tough for any player and especially in a new league. He will be given plenty of time, but so far we haven’t seen anything, not a single flash. Don’t see the pace, or the skill or anything as yet. Difficult situation to walk into for sure, but a quality player shows something - no? It’ feels a little like we have signed the next David Ngog
    Know nothing
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 27th April 2023 at 12:28 PM.

Gakpo is a stop gap. A reaction to inaction across the squad. A flawed and desperate attempt to fight off the inevitable.
    Hilarious And soooooooooooooooooooo embarrassing

Know nothing
    I said similar things about Nunez. He looked a full clart when he started
    Granted he's improved a lot but let's not hide the fact he needs to be much much better next season. I like a lot about him but I wouldn't say I'm massively confident he becomes a top class player. His finishing is woeful.