Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cody Gakpo

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Looks potentially a very good Bobby replacement does Wagbo
    Ah yes there it is, i was looking for this bit of you being right on Gakpo and I being wrong, it seems you're as confused on this issue as you are on Trent's game being only about crossing

Go back to ThisIsAnfield is my advice, they surely have a kiddies forum you'd be better suited to don't they

David N'Gog
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I said similar things about Nunez. He looked a full clart when he started
    Granted he's improved a lot but let's not hide the fact he needs to be much much better next season. I like a lot about him but I wouldn't say I'm massively confident he becomes a top class player. His finishing is woeful.
    There's lots of work to do with Nunez and for him to do on his own, our plan for using him was like a great many other things we've done this season, not playing to our players strengths, he's been better from LFWD, but i got trashed for aying he'd be better for us played there in the short term at least
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He was precisely like Ngog. In fact he was utterly anonymous early on. I said it and you all thought it. Understandable thrust into a new side. He has gotten better as you would expect and has done very well considering.

Let’s not pretend he is the second coming though eh.

Let’s keep things real. let’s not pretend what happened didn’t happen.

1. Trent needed moving - it wasn’t working and was killing us. Despite 19 defending his role and saying he was actually performing better - he wasn’t - has been allowed a more advanced role and we see an upturn.

2. Gakpo was totally anonymous on arrival - and for a considerable while too.

3. Nunez has masses of work to do on his finishing and overall game. This was true when he joined - was true when he was scoring and is still true now

4. Competition for places usually gets reflected in better results.

A good season that -

PSV - 13 goals, 17 assists

Liverpool - 7 goals 3 assists

50 in total, totting up 20 goals and 20 assists.

He'll obviously get less in England than Holland due to the jump in standards, but that is some going.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He was precisely like Ngog. In fact he was utterly anonymous early on. I said it and you all thought it. Understandable thrust into a new side. He has gotten better as you would expect and has done very well considering.

Let’s not pretend he is the second coming though eh.
    Eh? Second coming? Are you referring to Gakpo?

The guy looks like a great player and an excellent addition to the squad. He took time to settle. I'm not sure how anyone has an issue with this either way?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Gakpo fits us very well.

Gakpo is excellent. Press resistant. Holds the ball up well. Can turn and drive forward. Knows when tk arrive in the box. Can also play of the shoulder of a defender. Finish can improve but overall is a top signing that fits Jurgen Klopp perfectly. Great attitude, hard worker, selfless.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Eh? Second coming? Are you referring to Gakpo?

The guy looks like a great player and an excellent addition to the squad. He took time to settle. I'm not sure how anyone has an issue with this either way?
    This is some of the nonsense steveo often comes out with it.. Like he rates Thiago and Thiago can do no wrong. when most of us think hes been less than average since he arrived at our club..
    I for one is really impressed with Gakpo.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

10 out of 10 for observation fellas