Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp? #2

Morning everyone....
    No bickering today, lol...

RANKED! All 34 signings Jurgen Klopp made as Liverpool manager

With Jurgen Klopp calling time on his Liverpool career, we’re taking a look at all of his senior signings and ranking them from worst to best!

It has been comfortably the greatest era of the club’s recent history, and lots of that success can be put down to the smart decisions made in the transfer market.

The recruitment team have rarely missed during the last nine years, bringing in some of the best players Anfield has ever seen in relative bargain deals.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/0...rpool-manager/

Well we can forget THAT then, look at the source

They once wrote some drivel about Salah failing to keep the ball in after what they’d have you believe was the greatest pass the world has ever seen from Thiago, which was actually a reference to an over hit ball over the top by Thiago that Salah had absolutely zero chance of keeping in

Like Steveo, writing what they wanted to see & had expected to see from Thiago completely detached from the reality of how precious little he produced in the shape of meaningful quality passing

Going to miss him hugely, I might have to take a long overdue trip & go to Oktoberfest later this year on the off chance

You could tell him where he has been going wrong - only this time to his face. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    RANKED! All 34 signings Jurgen Klopp made as Liverpool manager

With Jurgen Klopp calling time on his Liverpool career, we’re taking a look at all of his senior signings and ranking them from worst to best!

It has been comfortably the greatest era of the club’s recent history, and lots of that success can be put down to the smart decisions made in the transfer market.

The recruitment team have rarely missed during the last nine years, bringing in some of the best players Anfield has ever seen in relative bargain deals.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/0...rpool-manager/
    I love these kinds of lists but number one cant be anybody other than Virgil Van Djik. We were an exciting work in progress up until his arrival. I am absolutely sure he was the difference between being a very good side and an elite side.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I love these kinds of lists but number one cant be anybody other than Virgil Van Djik. We were an exciting work in progress up until his arrival. I am absolutely sure he was the difference between being a very good side and an elite side.
    Yes - I would have to agree.

I was there for his debut and he won the game v the BS - a classic Van Dijk Header. Spent half the game ordering Matip (mr Floppy at the time) to be more aggressive AND berating Karius who went on to ruin us v Real.

Far and away the biggest factor in solving the obvious issue and. Alisson almost tying with Mo for number 2, but just 3rd and tied with Mane for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - I would have to agree.

I was there for his debut and he won the game v the BS - a classic Van Dijk Header. Spent half the game ordering Matip (mr Floppy at the time) to be more aggressive AND berating Karius who went on to ruin us v Real.

Far and away the biggest factor in solving the obvious issue and. Alisson almost tying with Mo for number 2, but just 3rd and tied with Mane for me.
    Yep, I think that order is absolutely spot on.

And it all just clicked after the Lovren Spurs 4-1 game. If you have a look the results up until the Christmas we lost every defender it was just ridiculous. Something daft like 5 or 6 defeats in about 3 years.

All in all, just a phenomenal team being led by a phenomenal manager.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, I think that order is absolutely spot on.

And it all just clicked after the Lovren Spurs 4-1 game. If you have a look the results up until the Christmas we lost every defender it was just ridiculous. Something daft like 5 or 6 defeats in about 3 years.

All in all, just a phenomenal team being led by a phenomenal manager.
    Phenomenal is the word...and I still believe 1 or 2 extra senior players and we see Pep walking from City as we take possibly 4 titles and at least 2 European Cups. Rotten luck with the injuries BUT we had plenty on that front in the 18 months prior... Then we gambled with only Virgil and Matip as first choice CB and Gomez the only backup.. Grr.. Makes me so upset to think of what could have been.

We shouldn't forget Coutinho's part in that Season & on everything that came to pass.. 12 goals and 8 assists in 19 Premier league and Champions League games.. It is incredible to think what Klopp managed to do DESPITE having to lose - the little magician to gain the quality needed to complete the puzzle.