Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2831323334353637383940414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp? #2

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    oh I wasn't suggesting Alan is based on Madeley, I think it's more the other way round as Richard matures!
    Totally agree.

to be clear I was simply ranting about the many comparisons. I mean reading through that list. Isn’t it easy to work out what Alan has said over Richard.

It'll hardly matter to you Steveo, you'll still not go to a match 🤣🤣

How very dare you Ian. 😡

I get to Anfield plenty mate. Probably more than most who are 200 odd miles away. While it is true that I have not been in well over a year (family reasons) I not only visit regularly - I have a deep connection - not only to the city but especially to Anfield Road itself in particular.

This is part of why I am so appalled by the state of the ground and its surroundings.

I get that there is a maximum (council imposed) limit on seats - but to just ignore the state of the Centenary/SKD (cramped and ugly - and the Kop (Ditto)..,

Just highlights a total lack of giving a shit. Let the self sustaining club pay for the 2 ill fitting stands to accommodate more and more corporates and day trippers. The result is the mess we call Anfield today.

Henry with Werner in drag & Buckingham Group - Then Linda walks in

Last edited by Steveo; 21st October 2023 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    How very dare you Ian. 😡

I get to Anfield plenty mate. Probably more than most who are 200 odd miles away. While it is true that I have not been in well over a year (family reasons) I not only visit regularly - I have a deep connection - not only to the city but especially to Anfield Road itself in particular.

This is part of why I am so appalled by the state of the ground and its surroundings.

I get that there is a maximum (council imposed) limit on seats - but to just ignore the state of the Centenary/SKD (cramped and ugly - and the Kop (Ditto)..,

Just highlights a total lack of giving a shit. Let the self sustaining club pay for the 2 ill fitting stands to accommodate more and more corporates and day trippers. The result is the mess we call Anfield today.
    Aren't scousers meant to be chipper ?

Nearly completed 2 stand redevelopments, 2 more need work. More eco-friendly for what it's worth

Oh the good old stereotype…

Think your assumption is very outdated too,

It doesn’t sound like you know too many CC in fairness, Did you find the people in Liverpool chipper? More so than the average Cockney..?

IF we have to walk that path I think you will find the modern day view from many - in the UK at least… is one of a group quite wedded to a romantic notions of a more illustrious past.

A group who feel distinct to the rest of the country.

Chipper?? - not really. That’s not to say any assumptions are correct - most people down here think the Irish are all Leprechauns who dance around singing fiddle di dee.

Before I moved to Liverpool back in the 1980s I was warned about the "Scouse grouse", the stereotypical moaner!

Looked so energised after that match.

Us being top of the table was an incredibly fleeting thing, but he definitely believes in this group.

Alonso seems to be doing decent, maybe he'll end up at liverpool at some point.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh the good old stereotype…

Think your assumption is very outdated too,

It doesn’t sound like you know too many CC in fairness, Did you find the people in Liverpool chipper? More so than the average Cockney..?

IF we have to walk that path I think you will find the modern day view from many - in the UK at least… is one of a group quite wedded to a romantic notions of a more illustrious past.

A group who feel distinct to the rest of the country.

Chipper?? - not really. That’s not to say any assumptions are correct - most people down here think the Irish are all Leprechauns who dance around singing fiddle di dee.
    Only spent a short bit of time round Anfield, bit like Croke Park in Dublin. Not the poshest part of the city. City centre round the tate was nice.
    People looked chipper enough to me.