Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp? #2

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Played 17 w6 d6 L5 F24 A19
    (Lost 3 at home, drew 3, w3 home record)
    Yes and I remember the old 12th at Christmas season, but this is a good deal different to be fair. This has been coming. It's almost the 2nd season in 3 too. The second crash in 3 seasons. No coincidence. The 2 are very different.

BUT it would be great if it came to pass. Nothing is impossible

Jirgen and his staff have made an almighty fuck up of the proposed evolution

All it needed was players who could do what Hendo, Milner & Gini did brilliantly who could all play the switches, long diagonals and balls in behind to at least the level of accuracy & consistency of Hrndo in 19-20

Jurgen hugely disrespected Hendo, Gini, Mane, Trent & Robbo and Thiago has been by far our worst midfield signing of his tenure - Not nearly as good asGini without the ball, has yet to deliver anything of note with it

His fee and wages for what he's delivered atre quite frankly dire, he was Jurgen and Steveo's wet dream signing, but he has been a huge part of why we've lost so much of what made us so formidable

Through his introduction we slowed our play down too much, overplayed far too much, lost our ability to be de astatingly direct and have gone backwards since he arrived

Great player in a team suited to his abilities with players suited to them, absolutely garbage signing for Klopp's Liverpool

Embarrassing mate. You ain’t 5

You are so comprehensively wrong there is little point even debating it.

If we had tried to continue your way - we would have crashed like we did in 2021 - again last season and would have been even worse now.

Klopp built that by team - you think he doesn’t see the toll it takes on them? What you think you see what they can do more than he can?

Even Jurgen - mr Heavy Metal football himself - saw we NEEDED to tweak it. Nobody can dominate playing the same way for any length of time.

Also at some point - you are going to realise that human beings cannot run and run and run at that level indefinitely. They break and get injured and then fail to recover fully.

Perhaps that’s why some players run away from It like Gini and Mané did.

You continue to ignore the fact that Virgil has never been the same since he wa knob led. You ignore what we did last season. All of it as though it never happened.

The reality is there for us to see. The fatigue - the boom - the bust.. the system that works for a time and then falls down. It isn’t the way to get there and stay there unless you can keep buying and spending at a rate even City haven’t for years. You would need 2 players for every position. 2x Virgil, 3x Matip (in case), 2x Trent (who is shot to bits bTw) 2 x Robbo (ditto) 2 x Fabinho 2x Hendo 2x Gini. 2 x Mane 2x Salah 2x Bobby..

It’s not possible to play at that intensity season in - season out.

You HAVE to up the technique. Be able to do some easier miles and win. The quality is need to do that. Only way.

The only thing that broke this.. was a lack of funds. Never again did we go for players at the Alisson - Virgil - Fabinho level. That’s because it all hung on Coutinho’s fee. Closest was Thiago at almost 30 and only when Gini wasn’t gonna stay. Only senior buy for that bam
    Reed midfield since 20 sodding 18!
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th January 2023 at 11:16 PM.

I remember an interview with Bob Paisley talking about Shanks.
    Can't recall the year but I think it was during his tenure as manager and definitely after Shanks died.
    He thought Shanks retired too early because he was not so good at money and was worried about his pension.
    He thought he could have carried on.
    Bob had to ban him from the training ground because people were still calling him the boss but Bob had become the boss.
    He thought Shanks died from a broken heart.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Can't recall the year but I think it was during his tenure as manager and definitely after Shanks died.
    He thought Shanks retired too early because he was not so good at money and was worried about his pension.
    Bob had to ban him from the training ground because people were still calling him the boss but Bob had become the boss.
    Tried but could not find a link to that particular interview but came across this article
    https://worldfootballindex.com/2017/11/bill-shankly-criticisms-baron-period-liverpool/

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I've read that before. Really sad.
    Went to Evertons training ground didn't he?

Yep - he stuck to his word on leaving but it seemed to have broken the man completely. Took away his fire,his will and he didn’t live long after that.

Tragedy for our greatest hero.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I've read that before. Really sad.
    Went to Evertons training ground didn't he?
    He also went to Goodison to watch matches.
    Apparently he used to turn up for training and get changed with all the players and join in !!
    Any wonder Bob had to ban him!! He just wouldn't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He also went to Goodison to watch matches.
    Apparently he used to turn up for training and get changed with all the players and join in !!
    Any wonder Bob had to ban him!! He just wouldn't listen.
    Haha, I can imagine. I bet he was great craic.
    Whenever the question occasionally pops up of who you'd have at a dinner party of say ten people from history he's always one of the first people I think of. Him and John Lennon.
    I have a fab framed picture of him playing football with some kids on a field when he was at Huddersfield. In full Sunday best. I got it from the Huddersfield observer local newspaper.

Not sure if this actually happened ; jock stein , matt Busby, bill shankly , and Alec ferguson having lunch , who'd be the dominant voice ?