Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp? #2

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He’s not going to turn this around. End of an era
    I don't think he will this season.

I do think that with the correct signings we could be pretty good next season. Not title-contention good, but certainly the Champion's League spots.

Win our game in hand and we are "only" 7 points away - and that gap is there because we have been really rubbish. That gap disappears quickly if we can just become "decent" again, which sadly doesn't look imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I don't think he will this season.

I do think that with the correct signings we could be pretty good next season. Not title-contention good, but certainly the Champion's League spots.

Win our game in hand and we are "only" 7 points away - and that gap is there because we have been really rubbish. That gap disappears quickly if we can just become "decent" again, which sadly doesn't look imminent.
    Give over.. we aint winning many games this season.. they played have GONE in the head
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It's his mess as much as a lack of investment, he's made a catalogue of errors, he has repeated last seasons errors this season to disastrous effect, I'll always love the guy, but he appears to have lost all sight of what made him a successful manager and made his sides successful, he isn't a tappy crappy manager, it isn't what he's good at, it isn't what the players he has at his disposal are good at, he tried it last season, it wasn't working, Elliot got injured so he reverted to pressing and counter press, runs in behind and playing the balls to connect them when they were on and we almost won the lot

This season, the big German sausage sucking loon reverts to what would have been so disastrous last season had Elliot not got injured as this season has revealed he'd have persisted with him even though it wasn't working
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Give over.. we aint winning many games this season.. they played have GONE in the head
    The point I'm making is that IF we won that game in hand, the gap isn't (that) big.

That's not to say we have hope as we are playing too poorly to address it, just saying that sides above us aren't (that) far ahead given that we have been this bad.

On the subject of runs in behind and the ability to be devastatingly direct and our current issues with teams pressing us so successfully through our constant overplaying following the introduction of Thiago and having no-one to try and connect the runs in behind -

Cast your mind back to Arteta's comments last season on his sides complete inability to press us successfully "We tried to press them, and when you do that and then Van Dijk hits a 30 yard diagonal straight onto Salah's chest, that's quality"

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The point I'm making is that IF we won that game in hand, the gap isn't (that) big.

That's not to say we have hope as we are playing too poorly to address it, just saying that sides above us aren't (that) far ahead given that we have been this bad.
    And im saying.. its ok thinking that way. But the players have gone.. Its similar to how Deli Ali acts.. once your over something.. its so emotionally difficult to turn it around. we went so far last season and this what happens the bounce back is not there

Except - no Thiago and no CL last season at all. And no Thiago - no finals. Nothing nada zip.

A much much bigger problem was persisting with Henderson. Letting Gini go and keeping Hendo. Keep Gini - and bring in another quality mid. And we are a different beast. But no. An ageing Thiago the only addition to a midfield that was weakened severely. Ot will be only addition in 5 years this summer. Shocking
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th January 2023 at 05:15 PM.

I dont get the hype around Thiago.. hes never been anything but average

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Except - no Thiago and no CL last season at all. And no Thiago - no finals. Nothing nada zip.

A much much bigger problem was persisting with Henderson.
    Fcuking give over you daft twat Thaigo didn't even play any Carabao games for a start, he and Fabinho both had to be hooked against Inter and Benfica in order for us to get to the Champions League final, he's a shit cunt for our style of play, Jurgen's fantasy hasn't worked out, he doesn't connect our players runs successfully, he constantly overplays, he has been as huge a flop as Salif Diao was, he simply doesn't fit our style of play and klopp's trying to change our style of play completely to get the best out of his wet dream is the fundamental reason for almost all our current issues and our complete loss of our ability to do all of what we used to be the best in the world at

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont get the hype around Thiago.. hes never been anything but average
    He is a top class player - playing in a very one dimensional midfield.

Thiago was the right kind of player but brought in too old and into a midfield that was devoid of similar quality. A 26 year old Thiago and a 26 year old Bajcetic. That’s what we needed