Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Premier league games today and weekend 12th Jan 2023

It’s weird watching City being crap and not really enjoying the moment.
    We could do with them beating Spurs.

The cruel irony of City being dung this season and we're at our lowest point in years. Absolute pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s weird watching City being crap and not really enjoying the moment.
    We could do with them beating Spurs.
    100% just when you need them to turn up, they go to shite. Everyone thought Haaland would be on about 150 goals for them by now. I hope he turns up second half. Really don’t want Arsenal winning a title. It hurts us so much more than another boring City win

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Gini wanted a huge salary increase.
    Not turned out great for him at psg.
    Huge flop for Paris.
    Can't remember actual quote.

Origi not had a smooth time of it in Italy, though, with injury striking and criticism as the “worst signing of the season” coming his way.

Far from the ideal start having seen his appearances only come off the bench in his first eight games prior to Saturday, which amounted to 168 minutes. (22 october)
    18 app 1 goal

Of course big div is a cult hero but never was he at the top level consistently.

Mane , 11 goals in 23.
    We are missing him.
    His presence , goals, assists .
    But unfortunately we chose to renew Salah .
    Also another player over 30 argument.
    As soon as we didn't win a game. Ah the ageing forward line.
    Bobby will be gone soon. Next summer.
    A new dawn.
    Fingers crossed for x2 or 3x new midfielders
    I think Sadio, like Gini before him, actually wanted to leave

Sums your typical Man City fan up, after all that Pep has done and won, they’re second in the league and getting booed off at half time, what complete and utter classless twats they really are.

Everyone wants to do The Far king Arsenal a favour when it comes to Shitty

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Everyone wants to do The Far king Arsenal a favour when it comes to Shitty
    They’re absolutely toothless. All the ball. No threat. They did their own version of throwing the baby out with the bath water in summer I reckon.

It sure will be fun reading all the articles and hearing all the pundits drone on about how City are in crisis thanks to their current blip.

Oh wait,....that will never happen.

Nor will anyone remind viewers of the how crap they've suddenly become despite the ungodly sums they spent in the summer bringing in the likes of Haaland.

Only when Liverpool are in crisis" does it become a big story and the end of the world.

I don't know why everyone is so down on Arsenal winning the title instead of City.
    Those really are your only options this season.

With City it's the continuation of their boring Oil-money fueled "dynasty" as they canter to another ho-hum title win (if they win).

With Arsenal it's not the start of a dynasty and it would be more of a break from the traditional dominant teams all being under-par for this season for various reasons.
    In other words, if Arsenal do win as it seems they will, it will mean nothing more than they are just the Leicester (of the their title-winning season) of this season.

They're going to go back to being crap again next season when all the other struggling teams of the big six get back to full strength after a summer of reloading.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It would weaken our standing if Arsenal - who won the title many times in the recent past - under Wenger - managed to match our haul of 30 years, so soon after seemingly being an ocean away from us quality wise, just a year ago.

I get where you are coming from and maybe I am biased as I know many Gooners - but I think they are so well placed to eclipse us in transfers - being in the Capital. In a post Klopp world.

Yadda yadda

We could be fighting with West Ham for players again soon if we aren’t careful
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th January 2023 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The cruel irony of City being dung this season and we're at our lowest point in years. Absolute pisser.
    That stings, certainly.

More importantly I'm frustrated that if it stays as is, we need to win 2 on the spin just to get within 2 of Tottenham.

I know our Champion's League hopes were incredibly slim anyway, but catching one of Man United or Newcastle always felt "possible" however unlikely it was becoming.

Now it's two sides (of Spurs, Man United, Tottenham) that we need to catch.

Wretched.