Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Gap to European qualification spots.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Fucks sake. That's a tough run.
    The good thing is we're getting players back. We should have almost a full squad to pick from.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

The 2 points dropped at palace look sickening ones now given that upcoming run. Need to beat united and Bournemouth and Chelsea. Free hits at other 2

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    The 2 points dropped at palace look sickening ones now given that upcoming run. Need to beat united and Bournemouth and Chelsea. Free hits at other 2
    Chelsea raise their game for us with regularity the weirdos - but don't score many. I'd fancy us to nick the points there.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    That pissed me off royally, a lot of things are making no sense to me at the moment, it's all very scatter gun

The team, the subs, I didn't get midfield at all, why certain players who'd had recent mares and meltdowns were included with players we might hope would help organise and settle our midfield into some kind of cohesive press and counter press and help Bajcetic develop into it in the process
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Chelsea raise their game for us with regularity the weirdos - but don't score many. I'd fancy us to nick the points there.
    I wouldn't count on it, it will depend on whether or not the penny has dropped with Potter that he needs to pick 11 players, a set formation and a way of playing without persistently trying to tweak every 2 minutes throughout every game, and let those players get on with it for a few games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Newcastle and Liverpool finally level again on number of games played (until tomorrow) and barring a spectacular collapse in today's match from Man City it will be a 2-point gap between the two clubs.

At one stage Newcastle had a 12-point lead.

Tomorrow we play for the chance to bring Man United to within 7 points, while they play to get 13 ahead and cut us adrift.

Tottenham remain our target in 4th spot - Reds everywhere will be hoping that Wolves can pull something out of the bag.

Spurs either seem to win or lose, very few draws. need them to drop a few more points.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Spurs either seem to win or lose, very few draws. need them to drop a few more points.
    But for the fact that we need to handle our own business, the temptation to say "lads, it's Spurs" is rather big - they have a genetic predisposition to fluffing anything that would help their long-term cause, such as the Champion's League Final.

But until we get the points on the board ourselves it's unwise to point fingers.

Spurs and Toon lose.
    Brighton win.

Liverpool draw or loss incoming tomorrow.

Belief v reality.

A win tomorrow would be absolutely massive for our season, massive. Win that and who among us will still not agree with the bookies?