Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan Bajčetić

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The lad was still 17 years old in October FFS and has had more of an influence on a team suffering relegation form, than Henderson had when we were in our pomp! Yet here you are trying to have a dig.

Imagine Henderson at 17/18 trying to carry any team, let alone this diabolique version of a shattered Liverpool. Now thats a laugh.

We get it You would rather we had lost without Hendo.

Thats who you are, but you are also a classic example of why Engerland can barely produce a player and cannot win a bean, despite all those easy draws, all those dives AND all those lovely decisions.

Still revelling in last nights win I see.
    I was talking about Bajcetic getting the right type of support to further develop

Henderson was absolutely key to us in winning the Champions League and even moreso the Premier League

If he doesn't come on at RCM to turn the game around at St Mary's and play as crucial a role as he did for the remainder of that season then be the undisputed driving force to our building on that the following season we don't win either

Our form and performahces and results in 18-20 bear that out, Steveo doesn't like it, but it's there

Game intelligence is a huge part of the game, it's vital, Steveo always werring his knickers prattling on about Thiago and his technique

Here are 2 indisputable Thiago facts

He doesn't have the game intelligence to use his abilities to benefit us as they should

His attempted switches, balls over the top and medium to long diagonals, the passes our forwards and full backs benefit most from, are absolutely dog shit, nowhere near the required standard

I've said we need a Henderson successor at No6 Fab wasn't a good choice, Enzo Fernandez is far more what we needed

Just as Thiago was also a garbage attempted upgrade on Gini, when we needed a Bellingham Gravenberch or Tchouameni

The 'trying' to be more possession based with Thiago as a designated playmaker simply hasn't worked at all, we barely create and give away lots of chances through being pressed while needlessly overplaying and not having an outball or any runs in behind

Still 4 successive clean sheets in the Prem without Thiago and creating a bit more tells its own story
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains

Shudder to think of all the opposition scoring first stats with Thiago and Fab starting together this season, it's A LOT and continued when Thiago was in there without Fab

I actually had a quick scan through, our record without Thiago is much better than with him

Stats that really does highlight the issues Jurgen has created with overplaying and playing in front of teams and losing our directness and getting done on the press through that with the opposition creating from that are

Possession
    Attempts at goal
    Attempts on target

The filthy, Brentford and others managing as many or more attempts at goal and on target and scoring more than us despite us having over 70% possession truly shocking

Hendo, Fab and Thiago have al been pretty shit this season, in Premier League stats Hendo has the best win ratio, Thiago the worst, Hendo is the most creative, Fabinho the least, Hendo's created more big chances than the other two put together with his poor technique versus Thiago's, outlining technique without the game intelligence to apply it doesn't count for an awful lot

Thiago has not been shit at all this season. He hasnt hit the heights and has been below par, but has spent most games trying to do 2 or more jobs. Far and away our best mid so far yet you want to lump him in with the others. Hendo and Fabinho have been abject, and that is part of why we are in the mire.

Lets stick to the facts.

In any normal season, there would be no need to rush through with a kid (Bajcetic) who just turned 18, not to play such a crucial role right in the middle of our first 11. Lets not forget, the lad has been thrown into a side that has been drowning.

You cant stop yourself talking about Thiago though dude. What has he done to you?

Fact is, if he is fit, he plays v Real and in any game Klopp can get him on the pitch for.

And while we are at it. Most of the team (wont bother with Keita) has been well below par. Without going into detail on Trent (shocking), Gomez, Matip, Salah or even Robbo, Virgil himself has been miles off the pace. A collective malaise, but most pronounced and most glaring has been the form of Fabinho and the Captain.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd March 2023 at 09:12 AM.

Thiago has not been shit at all this season. He hasnt hit the heights and has been below par, but has spent most games trying to do 2 or more jobs. Far and away our best mid so far yet you want to lump him in with the others. Hendo and Fabinho have been abject, and that is part of why we are in the mire.

Lets stick to the facts.

In any normal season, there would be no need to rush through with a kid (Bajcetic) who just turned 18, not to play such a crucial role right in the middle of our first 11. Lets not forget, the lad has been thrown into a side that has been drowning.

You cant stop yourself talking about Thiago though dude. What has he done to you?

Fact is, if he is fit, he plays v Real and in any game Klopp can get him on the pitch for.

And while we are at it. Most of the team (wont bother with Keita) has been well below par. Without going into detail on Trent (shocking), Gomez, Matip, Salah or even Robbo, Virgil himself has been miles off the pace. A collective malaise, but most pronounced and most glaring has been the form of Fabinho and the Captain.
    Thiago's been shit since we bought him are the facts

He is the reason for the overplaying, losing our runs in behind, direct and counter attack ability

It's no surprise to me at least we're scoring and creating and better on the counter again in his absence, or that we've kept 4 clean sheets in a row in the league in his absence, or that we're starting to see the quality longer balls forward from Virgil and Trent and runs in behind again in his absence

Thiago has been a greater contributor to every reason we became so poor than all the other players combined

Thiago was bought to create goals,directly or through releasing a player with one of his famous (at Barca and Bayern at least) balls through the line that take 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game so it is easy for the recipient of the pass to put one on a plate

He simply hasn't delivered a single such pass for us, he has barely an assist or pass before the assist to his name in almost 3 seasons

We bought him to create as he's not at Gini's or Hendo's level without the ball, he simply hasn't delivered any of what we bought him for FACT

He's the worst signing we've made in years

Hendo isn't fit to lace his boots buddy.. Go back to school

Thiago is one of the best midfielders we've ever had the chance to see at anfield.

His passing, his vision, he is a mix of XAVI and Ronaldinho, pure world class.

I'd say the best passer of the ball ever at anfield.
    A joy to watch.
    Unfortunately the demise of Hendo and Fabinho is the downfall of the midfield this season.
    And the fitness and age of Thiago the other aspect .

I'd love to clone Thiago to have a prime 22 to 25yo .
    Souness , Gerrard , Thiago would be some midfield 3.
    I'd have Thiago ahead of Alonso.
    Although my favourite midfield player is Terry Mcdermott.

The future 4 year cycle won't see any of the current 3 1st choice midfielders.

The only positive from this season is the obligation to play Bajcetic.
    That's how desperate Klopp has been playing Bajcetic.

Bajcetic (18yo) ahead of Keita, Oxlade, Jones, Milner, Elliott and even Henderson and Fabinho. I'm not sure Bajcetic is that good. But the drop off , legs, physicality, and so on.

Which without saying, "we all told you so" , it was so obvious that the midfield was awful.
    Last 3 transfer windows it was already in desperate need of change.

I still can't quite understand that, why nothing was done to buy 2 midfielders.
    Now it's 3.

Should just buy 11 and then we're covered.

Hendo isn't fit to lace his boots buddy.. Go back to school
    You do need to, your obsession with technique over reading of the game, positioning, ability to use that technique to its maximum effect borders on the ridiculous

Did we or did we not buy Thiago to give us greater creativity from midfiel?

Has he delivered that?

If he better than Gini or a Gini type without the ball?

Honestly he has categorically failed to deliver what he was signed for, none of his passing ever amounts to anything other than aimlessly moving it around the pitch playing in front of teams, looking pretty creating nothing, until we get caught out through a poor pass or telegraphed pass because of the slower La Liga or Bundesliga tempo HE sets and the opposition score on the counter