Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan Bajčetić

@19 The lad has just turned 18 - has come into a team that is drowning - initially, a team with barely 1/3 of our deadly front line in "operation" - and almost no midfield worth mentioning. Yet you are highlighting his weaknesses DESPITE him easily eclipsing Hendo on many metrics, with HALF the minutes.. He has featured in only 2 defeats instead of 7 AND doesn't have a bagel in the goals scored column either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why are you also talking about Henderson, I'm talking about Bajcetic, curiously, contrary to your claim Hendo's stats for errors leading to a goal this season are 0, no errors leading to a goal, he's apparently made just 1 (ONE) in 419 appearances
    You always mention Henderson. so i did..has for errors leading to goals. he made several at the start of the season.. You can ask many on here if they agree with me
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @19 The lad has just turned 18 - has come into a team that is drowning - initially, a team with 1/3 of our deadly front line in "operation" - and almost no midfield worth mentioning. Yet you are highlighting his weaknesses DESPITE him easily eclipsing Hendo on most metrics, with HALF the minutes.. He has featured in only 2 defeats AND doesn't have a bagel in the goals scored column either.
    I am not easily to commend players to begin with. but i think hes done pretty decent since he came into the team. thats all you can ask for from an 18 year old.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Absolutely - Imagine he comes into the side in 2018/20. With Salah, Mane and Bobby tearing into teams - Robbo and Trent bombing down the wings, any 2 of Fab/Hendo/Gini in their prime to work alongside in front of Virgils back line that was - at times - impregnable. That is a much easier gig than the maelstrom he had to contend with. A different trio each week.. no continuity at the back - in the middle - or up top.

Yes he is too young, but we had no choice.. he has done pretty darned well considering.

@19 The lad has just turned 18 - has come into a team that is drowning - initially, a team with barely 1/3 of our deadly front line in "operation" - and almost no midfield worth mentioning. Yet you are highlighting his weaknesses DESPITE him easily eclipsing Hendo on many metrics, with HALF the minutes.. He has featured in only 2 defeats instead of 7 AND doesn't have a bagel in the goals scored column either.
    Again and this is the line you constantly take I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT Henderson, I am talking about Bajcetic, Justme also saying I'm talking about Henderson, read you fucking dimwit, who mentions Henderson in this thread, the same tw@t who does it every single time I post something he doesn't like about another midfielder, despite me not mentioning

First of all, Bajcetic came in for Fab, at No6, so if YOU want to make comparisons, something I haven't done in this thread, you should be comparing him with Fab

Secondly, your version of events and the stats simply don't match, his stats are absolutely atrocious, he's no eclipsing any of our other midfielders on anything

Averaging just 23 passes a game
    About one successful long pass a game
    Zero through balls

His passing was the element you've been raving about Yeah, it's brilliant

He is ready to play a part, maybe from the bench, he shouldn't be starting and when he plays he needs to play with players who will help him, not ones he will learn bad habits off

Heaven knows what the lads 'turnover' stats are of him giving the ball away or getting robbed in possession, very high fro mthe games I've watched and not in a good way
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th March 2023 at 06:02 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Absolutely - Imagine he comes into the side in 2018/20.
    You'd need a very vivid imagination, there's no way he ever gets near it, he's only in the team now because Jurgen elected to blame senior players for his own and his coaches fuck ups of our supposed evolution and ditching them all bar one to then lose spectacularly 3-0 to Wolves told that story, as have Bajcetic's performances, positioning and losing of possession cheaply leading to goals when he's miles out of the position he's supposed to be playing since then

I appreciate he's a young lad, which is why I'm posting what I am, he has very good potential, but Jurgen will ruin the lad if he keeps using him as he has been doing and doesn't put him with players who will offer him some desperately needed instruction and protection, I've been frankly appalled by his use of him

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Steveo, as ever, like most here, you completely miss the point on midfielders of different types stats, I expect it from you as I know what players do without the ball and the importance of that still doesn't register, also why are you again making this a Bajcetic/Hendo thing, it's surely more of a Bajcetic/Fab thing if you must draw comparisons, again what I'm talking about has nothing to do with Henderson, again here you are trying to make it that

Here's how it is, in a pressing and counter pressing style of play, if a midfielder is positioning themselves appropriately, they're not having to make the number of tackles and interceptions too many of ours do, they only get in those situations through poor positioning and reading of the game

I know it's really hard for people to accept because almost everyone's status quo and view of a midfielder and their role and what makes a good midfielder is of stereotypical midfielders we grew up on, but in our system, that isn't the case, their roles are entirely different

I see we're linked with Anton Stach and Koopmeiners one for LCm controller, one for RCM controller you would think, both wit the right type of passing at least, plus Koopmeiners can operate at CB also, who we're targetting for No6 is still unclear

Koopmeiners is definitely one the club are looking at. I saw a podcast with Neil Jones and basically went through why he ticks every box in a player we generally go for. He's got good CL experience,played around 250 games, good international experience too and his stats are very good, aged between 20-25. Also at a team below us as we obviously/usually don't go for players at big or successful teams. Wouldn't be cheap but wouldn't cost mega money either.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Koopmeiners is definitely one the club are looking at. I saw a podcast with Neil Jones and basically went through why he ticks every box in a player we generally go for. He's got good CL experience,played around 250 games, good international experience too and his stats are very good, aged between 20-25. Also at a team below us as we obviously/usually don't go for players at big or successful teams. Wouldn't be cheap but wouldn't cost mega money either.
    I'm quite excited about the Koopmeiners and Stach links, we'd have switches, pin point balls over the top and pin point driven long diagonals a plenty from both sides and Stach, who looks to operate mostly as a RCM looks a pretty handy crosser of the ball too and he's 6'4" too which will help defend long balls and at attacking and defensive set pieces

I'd be pretty happy with the pair of them and then we'd just need a No6, Thiago can return to Germany the experiment having failed disastrously, Fabinho can go to anyone who'll have him, Hendo can be moved to a Milner role, Jones can get the loan he's desperately needed for 3 seasons

@19… Are you seriously for real?

Is the guy moaning about Hendo being brought into this the same geezer that brings Thiago or Fabinho or both into virtually every conceivable thread? The same guy that cannot accept when Trent is at fault for a goal of when he has become a liability. The same guy who blames player x for player y’s failures?

Oh and there is little guarantee that playing the way we did 2018/20 will work in 2023/24/25/26 - The game is always evolving. Arsenal are playing a smarter game imo -slicker, less taxing and technically superior to our ultra high intensity Blitzkrieg.

I will say it agin. Thank god we met Spurs in Madrid.

There is no single template that will work for long without needing to evolve.

Something you seem incapable of grasping

The same guy who blames player x for player y’s failures?
    Jesus fucking wept, I've sat here for 4 and a half seasons reading everyone blame everyone but a certain player for his lapses that a great many other people are now seeing now those who papered over the cracks so well have lost a bit of legs