Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Team needs breaking up. Clearly lacking motivation now to play for the club. Taa salah fab hendo keita ox Adrian need moving on and 2 or 3 first choice spine players brought in.

As a collective these lads are done imho.
    I'm thinking the same about the motivation, not all of them can be fatigued. Atleast today we didn't get totally outworked but that's the third game in a row we've had less possession than our opponent. I'd be shocked if that's not a first under Klopp.
    I mentioned a few weeks back about maybe Klopps lost the motivation on this crop. There's only Nunez who grafts.
    We are giving up possession far too easily, Trent and Thiago just playing blind passes into nowhere today without even looking to see if anyone's there. That's expectancy, just assuming someone is there
    Looks great when it comes off but it's 1/2 not coming off now. We aren't playing at that level anymore.
    We need to go back to basics. I watched highlights of BHA game a few years back, we walloped them 5-1, the front three absolutely smoking hot. We are so far away from that now it's unreal. It almost feels like we need to start from scratch again.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    How bad was konate today. Gomez played well enough. Ibrahim being knocked about by small lads. What’s going on there.
    Sometimes he's just totally brainless aswell.

I’ve been saying, for a few months now, that this will be a season of highs and lows, and just to make the most of the highs. This game, was neither. It was absolutely nothing. It’s the first time in years that no one in the ground, on or off the pitch seemed to give a flying fuck.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm thinking the same about the motivation, not all of them can be fatigued. Atleast today we didn't get totally outworked but that's the third game in a row we've had less possession than our opponent. I'd be shocked if that's not a first under Klopp.
    I mentioned a few weeks back about maybe Klopps lost the motivation on this crop. There's only Nunez who grafts.
    We are giving up possession far too easily, Trent and Thiago just playing blind passes into nowhere today without even looking to see if anyone's there. That's expectancy, just assuming someone is there
    Looks great when it comes off but it's 1/2 not coming off now. We aren't playing at that level anymore.
    We need to go back to basics. I watched highlights of BHA game a few years back, we walloped them 5-1, the front three absolutely smoking hot. We are so far away from that now it's unreal. It almost feels like we need to start from scratch again.
    That analogy is worrying
    I think we just expect that once Bobby jota and Diaz are back we'll pick up the pieces.

It will not be as easy as that.

There seems something deeper wrong.

Ok the hangover from last season.
    Lack of preseason, world cup in-between.
    That excuse could be used for many.

It just looks all wrong in the team.
    No cohesion.
    No big tactic.
    1st half looked like they were scared.
    Or not bothered.
    Seems like they don't want to put in the graft, hard work , get the shirt dirty.
    TAA poncing about with his hair before coming on lol.

Sometimes he's just totally brainless aswell.
    Like the moment he was just waiting for the pass with 0 clue the Chelsea man was right behind him

Gomez has the athleticism (saved him - alot-more before his injuries) but not the brains. He simply cannot concentrate all game and make correct decisions consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I’ve been saying, for a few months now, that this will be a season of highs and lows, and just to make the most of the highs. This game, was neither. It was absolutely nothing. It’s the first time in years that no one in the ground, on or off the pitch seemed to give a flying fuck.
    Probably, like me they were fucking freezing !!!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It’s the first time in years that no one in the ground, on or off the pitch seemed to give a flying fuck.
    Indifferent form, nerves about knowing it was a must-not-lose game, early kick-off, very cold and coming off the back of competing for Champion's League titles and the League.

It'll come. A Merseyside Derby isn't far away, nor is Real Madrid - atmosphere should pick up a bit for those at the very least and if we can scrape a win soon (please, one against Wolves, please) and hopefully on a weekend where one of Man United or Newcastle drop points, we'll get a taste.

We still have a lot of players who simply haven't been here long enough to experience mental burn-out from trying to challenge Man City.

Konate in defence (Tsimikas too)
    Núñez and Diaz not here long, Gakpo JUST got here.
    Jota is one of the newest of those who have been here a while.
    Lads like Carvalho and Elliott are here.

Get two young, fit, healthy, energised midfielders into this squad that can help to protect our back-line and feed a younger forward line and the collective will be massively reinvigorated.

You could say the same for more than half of the squads in the Premier League.

This was an issue in 2021, last season was a freak - every bit as big as the season prior. We were broken well before the end of last term before a summer where - instead of strengthening - we weakened ourselves further.

Cut loose from FSG. They have become a lead weight. They have admitted they cannot continue. Klopp has said the same himself.

Until they go - we are in a proper pickle.

Just sell the club

£3 billion is 10x what you put in. We ain’t worth £4 billion it seems…Also Klopp isn’t immortal.

Take just the $3.3 billion in profit and invest it into your passion - making more $billions back in the land where they print the stuff.
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd January 2023 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We still have a lot of players who simply haven't been here long enough to experience mental burn-out from trying to challenge Man City.

Konate in defence (Tsimikas too)
    Núñez and Diaz not here long, Gakpo JUST got here.
    Jota is one of the newest of those who have been here a while.
    Lads like Carvalho and Elliott are here.

Get two young, fit, healthy, energised midfielders into this squad that can help to protect our back-line and feed a younger forward line and the collective will be massively reinvigorated.
    Bringing in two mids is something we need yes but it won't just solve the problem. Midfield isn't the reason players in other positions just simply haven't performed this season. Like Dickos says there's something just not right.
    Midfield is being used as a scapegoat, is everyone in the squad just waiting for some midfield players to arrive before pulling their fingers out? It fucking seems so.