Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fa cup 27th-30th jan

Son scores another peach of a goal for 0:2… Ben Woodburn on for Preston

Reading got to half time at Old Trafford at 0-0 but have conceded 3 in the second half. Andy Caroll also sent off. After the third goal and red card the BBC live text read 'it's only a matter of how many Utd score now'
    Reading then got it back to 3-1.
    Good form maybe but it's reaching City levels of jizzfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Reading got to half time at Old Trafford at 0-0 but have conceded 3 in the second half. Andy Caroll also sent off. After the third goal and red card the BBC live text read 'it's only a matter of how many Utd score now'
    Reading then got it back to 3-1.
    Good form maybe but it's reaching City levels of jizzfest.
    Getting a bit worried about them all the same.

Amazing what happens when a club spends money to solve issues in x11 and get it done..... who'd of thought they'd do better than a club that ignores said problem for years and with not much money around to be spent, apparently "skint"

Looks like we've swapped places with them again, fun laughing at them while it lasted
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

The new centre back the Argentinian
    Casemiro in midfield £70m 30yo
    Eriksen free 30yo
    Antony £80m+

But for me to get rid of bad egg Ronaldo was the key.
    That had put they back for 2 years.

Still a long way to go.

Martial , not that great
    Varane sick note
    Maguire & Maguire
    Wan bissaka had a renaissance.

Fred and McTom

Still can't see a title of CL for the next few years.

* & Jones

Can't understand why we didn't make Eriksen an offer, talented player. I'm sure he would have signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Amazing what happens when a club spends money to solve issues in x11 and get it done..... who'd of thought they'd do better than a club that ignores said problem for years and with not much money around to be spent, apparently "skint"

Looks like we've swapped places with them again, fun laughing at them while it lasted
    And what fsg don't seem to understand is that when you have pull, and buy from a position of strength, you attract quality for the same or less $.

For many years now manutd and even arsenal had to pay over the odds for dross because they can't offer CL or a realistic chance of silverware.
    If arsenal win the league I bet they'll strengthen with even more quality.

If Newcastle get CL, suddenly they'll be able To spend the same but attract a much higher calibre player.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    And what fsg don't seem to understand is that when you have pull, and buy from a position of strength, you attract quality for the same or less $.

For many years now manutd and even arsenal had to pay over the odds for dross because they can't offer CL or a realistic chance of silverware.

If Newcastle get CL, suddenly they'll be able To spend the same but attract a much higher calibre player.
    The most infuriating thing about this is we all knew it would happen that we weren’t regenerating fast enough to stay competitive. I honestly don’t know how we managed to get so far in all comps last season cos we were bang average for large woods but got results despite that. Was always coming home to roost with that midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post

Pretty sure they were always well aware of that tbh. These are very shrewd, very well connected investors in sports.

How else do we think they got this franchise? Most successful club in the land bought for not a single penny more than its debt! That alone tells you how many tentacles they have. The fact that they managed to bag Klopp, again it shows how smart they are when they need to be.

But it’s self serving. It’s in THEIR interest. Their hope for Klopp was never as grand as the reality. They just wanted a Wenger like ability to consistently make that lucrative sweet spot… that top 4 gravy train.

The monumental fee for Coutinho upsetting the apple cart. That money that Klopp cites as the catalyst - that money propelled us into a league we would simply never have achieved on the back of this model.

I could go further. I could even suggest it scared FSG. I believe they thought - shit… we are going to be expected to fund staying here.

We can’t. We won’t. Remember stadium upgrades and training complexes are all payed for from what the club generates - as do the transfers and fees. So again - they don’t pay for any of this.

Their behaviour immediately post number 6 spoke volumes. “Bills to pay’…I had Gooner and Chelsea mates asking me - wow - you guys aint going to strengthen? We then went on a huge ‘mentality monster’ streak to win the title BUT again, no strengthening. How would virtually the same group cope at that intensity again,..?

A 7:2 bump in the road a huge sign of things to come the following season, and then a total crash - all culminating in a season when we found out our owners were working in cahoots with their fellow Yanks down the East Lancs road… on Projects with Big Pictures…. And then the cold hard truth - the ESL.

Once that was thrown out the window. In all honesty. We were just treading water.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Last season a stand out. Where the squad stretched itself to breaking point. Going imo beyond even ‘mentality monsters’ in pursuit of an unprecedented quad. But we could all see it. In all 3 finals it was clear. A totally spent force…..

Waiting.

Waiting.

Then war in Ukraine. Roman forced to sell and the price… oh that huge price for Chelsea… wow.. whetted the appetite of the profiteers.

Then we saw the truest of true colours.

For sale… and now… Nobody wants to pay them what they think they can get.

Poetic in a sense.