Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Other Games 03/02-06/02

Spurs 1-0 v city not good for us, still have a slight chance....

arsenal fans will be watching closely, supporting spurs for once i'd imagine
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Man Utd are just 3 points behind City as it stands. Spurs have Newcastle in their sights for 4th place. So exciting

Watching this game makes the difference between Haaland and Kane much more apparent. Kane is everywhere, plays more of a nine, back on defense in the box, pressing everywhere. Haaland much more the pure striker, sits up top, little involvement in build up. He scores hat tricks for fun, but they would have been better with Kane. City have the best pure goal scorer arguably in football, but they aren’t better as a team with him.

City look very average today, several players nowhere near their best. 80 minutes in and no attempts at all on goal from Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Watching this game makes the difference between Haaland and Kane much more apparent. Kane is everywhere, plays more of a nine, back on defense in the box, pressing everywhere. Haaland much more the pure striker, sits up top, little involvement in build up. He scores hat tricks for fun, but they would have been better with Kane. City have the best pure goal scorer arguably in football, but they aren’t better as a team with him.
    Indeed - Haaland really doesn't "do a lot" but is brilliant between the sticks - obviously fast and strong for hanging off a centre-back as well.

He has the physique athleticism of a Balotelli type (Mario sadly didn't apply himself) but with the fox-in-the-box quality of a Van Nistelrooy.

Kane doesn't get enough credit for his all-round play, probably due to his capacity to not show up in certain matches and having a very punchable face, but he is an excellent player - much as it pains me to credit him.

Bloody typical this. The one season I become a city fan and they become piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    City look very average today, several players nowhere near their best. 80 minutes in and no attempts at all on goal from Haaland
    Arsenal, have undoubtedly been very good this season, but city have been absolutely appalling when it comes to taking advantage of any slip up.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed - Haaland really doesn't "do a lot" but is brilliant between the sticks - obviously fast and strong for hanging off a centre-back as well.

He has the physique athleticism of a Balotelli type (Mario sadly didn't apply himself) but with the fox-in-the-box quality of a Van Nistelrooy.

Kane doesn't get enough credit for his all-round play, probably due to his capacity to not show up in certain matches and having a very punchable face, but he is an excellent player - much as it pains me to credit him.
    Agree Sid, can’t stand Kane but he is key to Spurs and England. Haaland has disappeared in big games so far this season as well. It will be interesting if City progress much deeper in the CL or get knocked out in the final stages as usual even with Haaland.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Agree Sid, can’t stand Kane but he is key to Spurs and England. Haaland has disappeared in big games so far this season as well. It will be interesting if City progress much deeper in the CL or get knocked out in the final stages as usual even with Haaland.
    True. Haaland been invisible on big games. I can be wrong, but I can't remember a goal from Haaland against any top side on Premier

Hah, the cunning of cancelo would have been useful in that game.

Also it's these kinds of matches that show why mbappe is so much better than haaland.