Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Apparently we were offered a fee in January for Keita.. I guess the 3 buttons and a toilet roll wasn't enough
    That is frightening if true. Maybe he persuaded Jürgen he wanted to stay and fight for his place.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    That is frightening if true. Maybe he persuaded Jürgen he wanted to stay and fight for his place.
    It depends on what the fee was and if we could get a replacement in. Like him or not, we still need him as he is currently a "body" in the squad.

I can't believe we are realisticaly thinking of giving him another contract.

Naby Kieta and fight ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Naby Kieta and fight ?
    Naby Keita, he's (rhymes with fight)...

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    It depends on what the fee was and if we could get a replacement in. Like him or not, we still need him as he is currently a "body" in the squad.

I can't believe we are realisticaly thinking of giving him another contract.
    Indeed. His value to us over the coming months in terms of being someone we can slot in while resting/rotating someone else is probably more than the (presumably miserly) fee we could hope to get.

Doesn't mean a lot mind. Hopefully he has a couple of telling contributions before we part ways in the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed. His value to us over the coming months in terms of being someone we can slot in while resting/rotating someone else is probably more than the (presumably miserly) fee we could hope to get.

Doesn't mean a lot mind. Hopefully he has a couple of telling contributions before we part ways in the Summer.
    For himself, he needs to put in good performances to get a good contract somewhere else. We should not be looking to renew. We need a clear out starting with him and ox. Milner should be left go also.

For himself, he needs to put in good performances to get a good contract somewhere else. We should not be looking to renew. We need a clear out starting with him and ox. Milner should be left go also.
    Oh absolutely - Naby is on a list of players I'd allow to leave - things need freshened.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Apparently we were offered a fee in January for Keita.. I guess the 3 buttons and a toilet roll wasn't enough
    It's absolute madness, a few mill in a fee and a few mill saved in wages for a January exit, turned down.
    By reports same thing happened in the summer gone by.

Looks like he'll run down his contract and collect a signing on fee in the summer. Should be bombed out of the team selections, a little like Emre Can was - who at least effort wasn't an issue whilst he was here.

Would you be more pissed off if he got a contract extension at LFC ?

Think he's a bit like Veron, where European teams will just see him as not able for the PL whilst having talents.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It's absolute madness, a few mill in a fee and a few mill saved in wages for a January exit, turned down.
    By reports same thing happened in the summer gone by.

Looks like he'll run down his contract and collect a signing on fee in the summer. Should be bombed out of the team selections, a little like Emre Can was - who at least effort wasn't an issue whilst he was here.

Would you be more pissed off if he got a contract extension at LFC ?
    I think I’d stop following the club if him or ox get extended