Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: City under investigation

If those emails are a result of illegal hacking, does that discredit the actual content of the emails, which is apparently verified and factual?
    Pretty incredibly cynical that stuff, not just 'managing' the money but knowingly committing fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Mancini and Pelligrini were the Managers for 7 of the 9 years being investigated.2009-16

Guardiola for only 2 years 2016-2018.

Unfortunately the years 2019-2023 are not in the investigation.
    Yet.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Because of the years covered under the investigation no PL titles after the 2017-18 are up for consideration
    Not yet.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    If those emails are a result of illegal hacking, does that discredit the actual content of the emails, which is apparently verified and factual?
    Pretty incredibly cynical that stuff, not just 'managing' the money but knowingly committing fraud.
    Surely the end justifies the means?

I mean, if I hacked a Tory MP's computer and found loads of dodgy images of under 12s engaged in unspeakable stuff against their will, they're hardly going to say "ach we can't act as you didn't use his username and password" or whatever - I would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Magnificent 😆!

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I'm fairly certain that there is case law regarding this issue when in comes to civil matters? The act of obtaining evidence improperly may be another case to answer for another party, but once you have the evidence then you actually have the evidence and it can't be ignored. I doubt the PL would have proceeded on this basis without advice from legal experts on the matter.

The question is ... the bigger picture.
    Who gains from all this ?
    And who loses ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The question is ... the bigger picture.
    Who gains from all this ?
    And who loses ?

Hmmm, bigger picture? Not sure. Their activities have offended my sense of fair play in the extreme. Right now I'm spiteful and as long as they never recover I'll be happy. If they're found guilty I mean (can't see it happening mind). Ideally I'd like to see them expelled from the PL, a £200 billion fine and for them to start with a 40 point deduction for the next 9 seasons in whatever league they find themselves in.

You can always dream.

This is massive. A scenario of nightmares for the Premier League and all tiers of football. The “ brave” step taken by the PL is necessary, long awaited but essential. I cannot see any “ brushing under the carpet “ or “ brown envelopes “ now. This would have happened silently during the 4 year investigation.
    Whilst I am a retired solicitor and find this incredibly interesting I am still bemused as to how the cheats got away with it previously. This time, The Statute of Limitations ( time barring) does not apply, also as I understand it evidence , even if obtained in dubious circumstances will still be admissible.
    I can see the book being thrown at them, if not what’s the point? I see relegation as reasonably likely, I see Pep walking and more importantly I see the owners losing interest and walking away.
    The whole purpose of Abu Dhabi’s sportswashing is to throw a positive light on their disgusting despotic power, they will be seen as cheats and will realise their manipulation is over.
    My one considerable worry is how our untrustworthy cheating corrupt government will react to the PL accusing one of their biggest current investors as being cheats. The government are in a really tricky place, on the one hand they are threatening the PL and football bodies of being incapable of oversight, yet when the PL act they will be horrified at the potential loss of investment.
    Interesting times.