Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Games 11-13/02

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    United are still a threat for this title imho
    8 points adrift, busy schedule with the Cup Final, still being in the FA Cup, still being in the Europa and Arsenal have a game in hand.

Also have won just 2 of their last 5 League games.

They have improved - Casemiro gives them more solidity and Rashford is banging them in right now - but I would still be massively surprised if they won the League title this season.

The quality has been awful from everyone this season. For all the money spent in the Premier league it's not great.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The quality has been awful from everyone this season. For all the money spent in the Premier league it's not great.
    Indeed. A lot of the value isn't there with some of these transfers.

By "value" I don't mean being cheap either - there's a huge distinction and the two often get conflated. If we had spent £120m on Van Dijk for example and he had the same time he had with us again I would still call that good value, even though we would have shattered the centre-back fee.

But there's going to be loads of lads going for £40m-£70m who are £25m players at best and I find that pretty wild.

Watching Newcastle against Bournemouth, first time I have watched a Newcastle game since that eye opening article about Newcastle being the new shithousery kings. It really is true, now that i pay attention, how they do that city thing of committing fouls high up to stop counter attacks, without picking up yellows. Dan Burn just using his height to push opponents over, making it look like an innocent coming together. Kicking the ball away when they concede freekicks, in order to get their defence sorted. And diving of course (Antony Gordon's special skillset).

Another good result for us today, if only we can take advantage on Monday.

F/T
    Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle

What a strange strange season

thought the old 1-6 teams would be back there this year surprised if that happens now

newcastle seem to be struggling with injury's now, bruno big miss
    Last edited by Kev0909; 11th February 2023 at 09:06 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Another good result for us today, if only we can take advantage on Monday.

F/T
    Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle
    We're not too far adrift mathematically for the miraculous, but we are certainly much too out of form.

If we won 4 of our next 6 League games or something while Newcastle and Spurs continued to splitter then my ears and heartrate will certainly pick up but given we've won a solitary match on our last 5 I'm still very much in the "resigned to whatever" mindspace right now and will just enjoy any decent flashes of individual skill etc for the remainder of the season as best I can.

I'll be a quivering wreck for Real Madrid though. It could potentially be out last European knockout match at Anfield until February of 2025 so I'll be breathing that one in deep, whatever happens.

If anyone is going to that match, leave with no voice left - no matter the long odds. Give it everything. So many fans of so many clubs will never experience anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yep.

Arsenal's "bottle" will be tested now as well.

Man City aren't what they were (build-up play etc) but they've enough goal-scoring capacity to punish any Arsenal slip-ups.

A 6-point gap, level on games played (21) with 17 games to go is nothing. Arsenal need to get it back to a 9-point gap again to have a bigger safety net.

Ideally, City win one more title before Pep leaves in the summer, having failed to win the cheating twats a Champions League, with their credibility in tatters due to their obvious cheating

Spurs problem is the loss of their keeper and Captain Hugo Lloris who is out for 6-8weeks and is why they had to bring in Fraser Forster for cover in the meantime.
    Last edited by fagin; 12th February 2023 at 12:56 AM.