Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Other Games 18-20/02

Barca have looked a bit lightweight, Utd have definitely won the physical battle

C'mon Barca, force extra time and make them leggy for the League Cup Final.

2-1 home wins for them this season against us City and now Barca. They're still to convince me in a big away match. Hope we're back on form when they come to Anfield next month. Signs tonight their aggressive play can boil over, even when they're at home. Hopefully Nunez and a few more of our players can wind them right up within the rules of the game😜

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    C'mon Barca, force extra time and make them leggy for the League Cup Final.
    Don't see it, oop, there's the final whistle, not sure how on earth Real are behind this Barca side in their league, except for it is a lot less physical, because second half the filthy simply overpowered them with pace and hard running rather than quality, Casemiro was sadly incredible and watching him be that good is so hard to stomach and such a contrast between watching a Brazilian RB trying to mesquarade as a DM getting beaten to headers to 5'6" Modric we had to suffer on Tuesday night
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

2-1 home wins for them this season against us City and now Barca.
    There win against City was a complete fucking farce to be fair, I wouldn't count officials giving them a blatantly offside goal like in the days of Whiskey face like VAR was never introduced on that list

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There win against City was a complete fucking farce to be fair, I wouldn't count officials giving them a blatantly offside goal like in the days of Whiskey face like VAR was never introduced on that list
    Maybe the cunts will get to all the finals they can this season like us last year. Hopefully lose them all then look knackered at the start of 23/24 like us this campaign.

Maybe the cunts will get to all the finals they can this season like us last year. Hopefully lose them all then look knackered at the start of 23/24 like us this campaign.
    We lost our way throughout last season, didn't manage a goal in either final, struggled to create any chances in a great many games, had to haul off Thiago or Fab or both in 3 or 4 of the last 16 and quarter final ties because trying to operate with a designated playmaker was making it too easy for us to be pressed and we had no runs in behind

We managed to play all available games with a huge slice of luck in each competition and benefitting from having more quality options in our squad which has since been trimmed (Mane/Origi/Minamino) the latter 2 quality options for domestic cup comps and we had 3 absolute top CB's in Virgil, Matip and Konate fit and available all last season, and also had games we used Hendo at No6 for like the 5-0 win at Old Trafford and coming on to save the day v Milan and Benfica and didn't have the issue of Jurgen persisting with Elliott at RCM we've had this season

On the evidence of this season we'd have had that issue last also and not faired nearly as well had Elliott not got injured v Leeds, Jurgen's not convincing anyone Elliott is a top player or ever likely to be or ever a midfielder at any level of the game, I'm not even sure he's convincing himself

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'm confused.
    Which part of this do you have a problem with?

The fact that they've re-structured the club financially and brought it to a place where it can finance the construction of a new training ground almost entirely through its own revenue streams (i.e. being financially independent and self-supporting - which was always their goal when they bought the club if I remember correctly).

Or is it the fact that they didn't use their own money to build it, as you seem to be suggesting they should have, in which case the club would be IN DEBT to them for the cost of those funds (i.e. the Glazers-SCUM/Abramovich-Chelsea model that left both clubs in the debt situation the former finds themselves in and which the latter had to pay off as part of the sale to Boehly, whose now started the cycle again)?

Because let's be clear here; the money you think they should be taking out of their pockets and putting in the club to build stuff like infrastructure and the like, WOULD NOT be free money.

That's not how a business is run.
    At least not a responsible one.
    That's how an expensive plaything for an Oil baron (and not even then - see : Abramovich) or a Petro-state is operated.

I'm sure there must have been some financing (bank loans and the like) involved in getting those construction projects done (that's how any large scale construction financing works. You always build with other people's money. Never your own), which would have necessitated them to provide collateral proof in the form of THEIR own financial standing and holdings.
    So it's not exactly like they did nothing and played no part in it even it LFC ends up paying off the whole thing and the loans involved through their own revenue streams.

Wasn't this always the goal?
    That the club would be in a position such that if we needed to add some structure or facility, we would eventually be able to finance it and pay for it through our own means rather than have to rely on the deep pockets of some owner that might not last here for the long-term.

Are we now upset that they seem to have brought us partway through towards achieving that goal?
    No need for confusion here. I am suggesting that anyone who thinks they have done a good job on our infrastructure is well wide of the mark.

That the infrastructure itself is well under cooked. And why? because both it and the squad are being funded 100% by what we generate. This then leads to us into the trap of building everything on maximising revenues via an out of all proportion increase in corporate sales, rather than facilitating the real bread and butter fans. The die-hards who will be at L4 when we are mid table again. As we saw this summer. The priority is so clearly - not the team. Commitments to intercontinental summer exhibitions, ruining our vital pre season, following 63 fucking GAMES!

KERCHING?!

And that's for a good reason.
    Do you want the club to be in debt when they eventually sell it or not?
    Simple yes or no.

We would either be in debt to Henry or to other "investors".
    What's your preferred poison?
    How is that a good reason? Good reason that we small time it on the long term projects because we cannot afford to do the job properly for infrastructure or squad..? Hmmm

AND the club IS in debt. We are in debt to FSG for the new main stand AND to banks for the ARE and AXA…We are paying loans for all the infrastructure AND we are paying them down TOO quickly. This is the very point. IF the owners had ANY passion for the club at all, they would not allow the squad to go without JUST to speed up repayment of debt. What part of this are you refusing to see?

My word!!!
    It's shocking that you seem to be suggesting that people who would invest their own money into something would hope to....**gasp**......make a profit and get a return on their investment.
    Oh, the Horror!!
    The sheer naked hubris of it all.

WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?!?!?!?

That in the 21st Century - Businessmen - people who've gotten to where they are and their financial status of wealth and prosperity, would have the audacity to expect that what has worked to elevate them to their success in business should continue to work to make them rich.

Were you under some sort of delusion when they bought this club that this was a charity mission ro some sort of Mother Teresa deal?

Dear Lord.
    You poor thing.
    You just can't see it, and this is the very issue I have with US owners. What is to the fans - an institution - do not exist to make money. That 100% is not the goal and that transition IS what is ruining the sport MORE than anything else. What is this... Coca Cola, Amazon? The second you point out where they are treating a football club like an asset, they simply ask, “what’s wrong with that?” It's like any business... except it actually is not at all... It's clear you/they just do not see what is so very wrong with that. It seems to be in the dna. It doesn't work like that for anyone who loves this sport and follows their club.

And one assumes “ people who've gotten to where they are and their financial status of wealth and prosperity” applies to western, mainly US businessmen?... and not so much Russian businessmen..Or Businessmen from Qatar? Oops - sorry I forget they are Oil Barons..

My word indeed.

And you ask WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?!?!?!?. If your senile war mongering crook of a president has anything to do with it.. Well, that would be World War 3!

As to whether or not they're the only beneficiaries - I'll pose yet another one of those simple "yes" or "no" questions:-

Is the club better off today than when they bought it?
    Financially, self-sustainably, long-term viability-wise?

...and to help you answer that,....

Are we facing administration?
    Are we facing relegation or deduction of points due to administration?
    Are we in the relegation zone with a Hodgson or some such establishment darling as our gaffer?

Because that's where we were when they bought us.

If your answer to the original question is anything other than a "no" and the sky is blue where you live too, then NO, they're not the only beneficiaries of this little business venture of theirs.
    I'd throw in Klopp (who didn't hire himself and certainly doesn't pay his own salary), Numbers 19 and 6 - both of which don't happen without them either - in there as well, but what's it matter at this point?

According to some fans some of those things might as well have happened by magic and willed themselves into existence.

Tough shit that they seem to be making a profit off of a business that seemed to be badly run when they bought it and which (....despite current on-field issues) seems to be in a better place now.

Welcome to the cruel cruel world of modern business.

All that being said, thanks for all the fish, FSG.
    Now please sell us to someone else better suited to make us competitive on the field ....CONSISTENTLY.....and let's both go our separate ways
    Well we can all pose a myriad of simple yes no questions. But life doesn’t work like that. That leads us all into the realms of batshit crazy referenda…

Like was bagging Jurgen Klopp a brilliant coup...? Absolutely he was as he has totally transformed the club.

Was Naby Keita a bad signing though..? and although the net result hasn't been good at all, the answer isn't a simple yes or no..

And no we aren’t facing Administration, as indeed we never were. A tool used by the banks to take control of the club..to force the sale and get their money back. Multiple better offers on the table for the club ignored.. yet...mr Henry - eyeing the club "going for a steal" somehow managed to bag the deal of the century. All concluded under the auspices of a Yank CEO at Barclays..

So, no smoke and mirrors there then. Where is Hunter Biden when you need him?.. Next you will be telling us that he Russians blew up their own pipeline cause the western media lamely tried to carry that ‘phoney story’ for all of 2 minutes

And yes, we were in the shite in 2010.. and why? Because of whom? Once again - when the shit hits the fan, all any defender of Henry and co can do - is point to the state we were in after the last US ownership model.

Is this the best we can do?
    Last edited by Steveo; 24th February 2023 at 12:38 PM.

I'm confused.
    Which part of this do you have a problem with?

The fact that they've re-structured the club financially and brought it to a place where it can finance the construction of a new training ground almost entirely through its own revenue streams (i.e. being financially independent and self-supporting - which was always their goal when they bought the club if I remember correctly).

Or is it the fact that they didn't use their own money to build it, as you seem to be suggesting they should have, in which case the club would be IN DEBT to them for the cost of those funds (i.e. the Glazers-SCUM/Abramovich-Chelsea model that left both clubs in the debt situation the former finds themselves in and which the latter had to pay off as part of the sale to Boehly, whose now started the cycle again)?

Because let's be clear here; the money you think they should be taking out of their pockets and putting in the club to build stuff like infrastructure and the like, WOULD NOT be free money.

That's not how a business is run.
    At least not a responsible one.
    That's how an expensive plaything for an Oil baron (and not even then - see : Abramovich) or a Petro-state is operated.

I'm sure there must have been some financing (bank loans and the like) involved in getting those construction projects done (that's how any large scale construction financing works. You always build with other people's money. Never your own), which would have necessitated them to provide collateral proof in the form of THEIR own financial standing and holdings.
    So it's not exactly like they did nothing and played no part in it even it LFC ends up paying off the whole thing and the loans involved through their own revenue streams.

Wasn't this always the goal?
    That the club would be in a position such that if we needed to add some structure or facility, we would eventually be able to finance it and pay for it through our own means rather than have to rely on the deep pockets of some owner that might not last here for the long-term.

Are we now upset that they seem to have brought us partway through towards achieving that goal?

And that's for a good reason.
    Do you want the club to be in debt when they eventually sell it or not?
    Simple yes or no.

We would either be in debt to Henry or to other "investors".
    What's your preferred poison?

My word!!!
    It's shocking that you seem to be suggesting that people who would invest their own money into something would hope to....**gasp**......make a profit and get a return on their investment.
    Oh, the Horror!!
    The sheer naked hubris of it all.

WHAT'S THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?!?!?!?

That in the 21st Century - Businessmen - people who've gotten to where they are and their financial status of wealth and prosperity, would have the audacity to expect that what has worked to elevate them to their success in business should continue to work to make them rich.

Were you under some sort of delusion when they bought this club that this was a charity mission ro some sort of Mother Teresa deal?

Dear Lord.
    You poor thing.

As to whether or not they're the only beneficiaries - I'll pose yet another one of those simple "yes" or "no" questions:-

Is the club better off today than when they bought it?
    Financially, self-sustainably, long-term viability-wise?

...and to help you answer that,....

Are we facing administration?
    Are we facing relegation or deduction of points due to administration?
    Are we in the relegation zone with a Hodgson or some such establishment darling as our gaffer?

Because that's where we were when they bought us.

If your answer to the original question is anything other than a "no" and the sky is blue where you live too, then NO, they're not the only beneficiaries of this little business venture of theirs.
    I'd throw in Klopp (who didn't hire himself and certainly doesn't pay his own salary), Numbers 19 and 6 - both of which don't happen without them either - in there as well, but what's it matter at this point?

According to some fans some of those things might as well have happened by magic and willed themselves into existence.

Tough shit that they seem to be making a profit off of a business that seemed to be badly run when they bought it and which (....despite current on-field issues) seems to be in a better place now.

Welcome to the cruel cruel world of modern business.

All that being said, thanks for all the fish, FSG.
    Now please sell us to someone else better suited to make us competitive on the field ....CONSISTENTLY.....and let's both go our separate ways
    Top quality post.

Better still (won't happen) reach the Europa League Final (might happen) and in doing so have a terrible run of League form, finishing 5th and losing the Final.

Sadly think a Cup Double (or Treble) more likely - the gits!