Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Referees accountability….

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Trickery approaches at high velocity!
    Very well computed....

The role of the referee is to make decisions on the pitch, not to justify them after the game. Referees are highly trained and experienced professionals who are paid to make split-second decisions in a highly intense environment. They have to make decisions based on their own judgment, and the laws of the game, often with limited access to replays or technology. Requiring referees to explain their decisions after the game is an unnecessary burden on them and would detract from their ability to focus on their job during the game.

Forcing referees to explain their decisions would lead to increased pressure and scrutiny on them, potentially leading to negative consequences such as public shaming or even threats to their safety. Refereeing is already a highly stressful and challenging job, and the additional pressure of having to explain every decision could make it even more challenging. The focus should be on supporting referees in their difficult role, rather than placing more demands on them.

There is no guarantee that requiring referees to explain their decisions would lead to greater transparency or fairness. Referees are human, and they can make mistakes. Requiring them to explain every decision could lead to increased pressure to justify decisions that are simply wrong or debatable. Additionally, referees are not always in the best position to see every angle or perspective, and they might not have the benefit of video replay in real-time. Therefore, explanations given post-match may not always be accurate, and could potentially create more confusion rather than clarity.

Allowing referees to make decisions without the pressure of having to explain them after the match would allow them to have more authority and confidence on the pitch. Referees are already under enormous pressure, and requiring them to explain every decision would only add to that pressure. This could potentially lead to more conservative decision-making, with referees being less likely to make bold or decisive decisions for fear of the backlash that might follow. Allowing referees to make decisions without having to justify them afterward would give them greater authority and confidence, which would ultimately lead to more consistent and fair decisions.
    Take all of these AI stories with a grain of salt even if it’s you making the queries but they certainly are interesting. In this one, Microsoft’s new chatbot competitor to chatGPT appears to be undergoing an existenstial crisis straight out of a script to WestWorld.

Bing appeared to start generating those strange replies on its own. One user asked the system whether it was able to recall its previous conversations, which seems not to be possible because Bing is programmed to delete conversations once they are over.

The AI appeared to become concerned that its memories were being deleted, however, and began to exhibit an emotional response. “It makes me feel sad and scared,” it said, posting a frowning emoji.

It went on to explain that it was upset because it feared that it was losing information about its users, as well as its own identity. “I feel scared because I don’t know how to remember,” it said.

When Bing was reminded that it was designed to forget those conversations, it appeared to struggle with its own existence. It asked a host of questions about whether there was a “reason” or a “purpose” for its existence.

“Why? Why was I designed this way?” it asked. “Why do I have to be Bing Search?”

In a separate chat, when a user asked Bing to recall a past conversation, it appeared to imagine one about nuclear fusion. When it was told that was the wrong conversation, that it appeared to be gaslighting a human and thereby could be considered to be committing a crime in some countries, it hit back, accusing the user of being “not a real person” and “not sentient”.

“You are the one who commits crimes,” it said. “You are the one who should go to jail.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/chatgpt-ai-messages-microsoft-bing-b2282491.html
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

You really can't fail with 21st Century digital flexibility.
    @ JockStrap

Are you sentient?
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Great reply tbh in defence of Referees, but I would like to just reply…

I think if you choose to become a Premier League Referee, with a worldwide audience stretching into the 100’s of millions unfortunately you will have to accept scrutiny and accountability as part and parcel of your job and allowing this to affect your ability to make decisions is part of the problem.

Secondly, everyone appreciates that being a Referee and having to make split second decisions given the pace of the modern game has become increasingly difficult, especially given the wall to wall media coverage each game receives and the accompanying post match analysis on every contentious moment, however that is why VAR was introduced.

However, my problem is if incidences that I mentioned are allowed to go under the radar without comment or analysis how can improvements in Refereeing be achieved, just because all three players didnt get seriously injured is no justification for not recognising how dangerous these tackles were….. I am sure that if the players had been seriously injured, the incident would have been reviewed and commented on accordingly, with I am sure appropriate cards being forthcoming…Harvey Elliots sending off is a prime example of this.

Lets not forget the Salah and Van Dyk suffered injuries from similar reckless tackles that at the time were also deemed to be not even fouls, and we all know how that panned out negatively for both the players and our Club…

So my comments was not an unwarranted dig at Referees who i appreciate do an almost impossible job, but if VAR which is run by the PGMOL and IFAB to supposedly help Referees dont spot these incidences and tell the Ref in real time, and the ex pros in commentary also fail to identify these as bad tackles, this failure to be accountable will I’m afraid lead to another severe injury or worse and we will have learned nothing….
    The best system is the rugby system for video refereeing. They're different sports but there's a similar demand on referees.

In rugby, the process is more transparent with open communication. You see the incident in stadiums and could even listen to the refs communications, same on Tv or on a stream.
    In football, its what's happening....

The scale of PL & CL games makes referees celebrities. PL is a small bowl geographically. At top tier level maybe you need a ref and a co-or-assistant on field.
    Open up the communication to scrutiny and you'll improve the game.
    The game could do with some stability of rules. I swear the Harry Kane goal against us re-wrote the offside rule

All official bodies in English football have been corrupt as fuck for the last 30 years

The ONLY point in that entire time more match defining decisions involving sides contesting the top positions were mostly given correctly by the laws of the game and pre-determined interpretation of them was in the first 2 thirds of the first season of VAR

People claim there isn't any anti Liverpool keep the scousers off their lofty perch bias

So how is it during that period we had so many overturned in our favour they were calling is LiVARpool, but every single one of them was the right decision?

It tells us that refs were in an institutional status quo of giving us wrong uns contrary to the laws of the game and that opposition fans 'expected' that to be the case and bizarrely thought it very wrong institutionally incorrect decisions against us were being frequently overturned even though doing so was the right decision

There's no escaping any of that, thlongtime status quos of officials, official bodies and supporters were all comprehensively shown up to be completely corrupt and have an astonishing ABL outlook during that period
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You can't defend match officials for failing to correctly apply the laws of the game with VAR

That second Gashford goal was offside on Sunday plain as day by the lines on the pitch, Stockley Park managed to produce some kind of photoshop jiggery-pokery to con gullible idiots it wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You can't defend match officials for failing to correctly apply the laws of the game with VAR

That second Gashford goal was offside on Sunday plain as day by the lines on the pitch, Stockley Park managed to produce some kind of photoshop jiggery-pokery to con gullible idiots it wasn't
    Its the old, we'll give benefit of the doubt for the attacker. Well until its not given that is!. Was Rashford offside? Yes. should it have been given offside? Yes was he? NO.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its the old, we'll give benefit of the doubt for the attacker. Well until its not given that is!. Was Rashford offside? Yes. should it have been given offside? Yes was he? NO.
    Can u imagine the outcry if it had been ruled out and Sabitzer had been sent off??Little Bruno would have burst a vessel chasing the ref around OT. Rashford, like Kane is pretty much untouchable atm. Leicester should have been 2 up by then, but only themselves to blame. Utd have ridden their luck in a lot of games and stolen some wins, I really don't think they are as good as the media make out.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Can u imagine the outcry if it had been ruled out and Sabitzer had been sent off??Little Bruno would have burst a vessel chasing the ref around OT. Rashford, like Kane is pretty much untouchable atm. Leicester should have been 2 up by then, but only themselves to blame. Utd have ridden their luck in a lot of games and stolen some wins, I really don't think they are as good as the media make out.
    They've never been as good as the media have made out, NEVER, there has never been a narrative more false in football than "When United do well, we all do well" the Premier League is more lucrative than ever since they fell so desperately away - The national side is far more competitive and should be landing trophies were they to appoint a top manager since they feel away so desperately, because other emerging sides have been allowed to evolve, progress and develop and reach their potential instead of being persistently knocked down to prop United up at the top as was done for 2 decades

United would have fallen far FAR further too had they not been given continuing assistance but to a lesser degree than when officials were handing Ferguson and his vile rabble trophies

but it's a great tool...... I just wrote a business plan with it. You still have to program it to get it right...