Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Klopp reflects on defeat to Real Madrid in Paris ahead of Champions League clash

Klopp reflects on defeat to Real Madrid in Paris ahead of Champions League clash

On the eve of Liverpool’s Champions League game with Real Madrid at Anfield, manager Jurgen Klopp talks about watching back last summer’s final and what he learned from it.…

Full story

I can distinctly remember Carlo Ancelloti coming out with his predictable LFC comment and I never bought into it, it was a clever comment but didn’t bear any relavence to how the game actually played out, Real Madrids Man of the Match was Courtois and Alison didnt have a lot to do….

As a result of that comment Ancelloti was deemed to be a mastermind, when in reality Real Madrid got out of jail…that comment along with his raised eyebrow was pure smoke and mirrors and a genius reaction, the media loved it and it further enhanced Carlo’s fabulous burgeoning reputation…. however as Jurgen said,….we should have won that game ������

They put the ball in our net twice. We didn’t manage a single goal in 330 minutes of cup final football and 3 finals.

If we really want to beat Real we have to stop this small time - we coulda, we shoulda stuff. They beat us in 2014/15 - they beat us in the 2018 final and they beat us again last June.

No ifs buts or maybe’s - we need to beat them. Guess what… If Alisson wins MOTM as he rightly should have v Newcastle - nobody on here will complain.

We have to grow a pair of balls and believe we can beat them. I haven’t seen anything close to that since Rafa’s team in 2009
    Last edited by Steveo; 21st February 2023 at 07:31 PM.

Klopps in danger of ruining his legacy here with this one trick pint bollox with over the hill players. Even in the 20 or so minutes we competed last night we were absolutely wide open at all times to be punished. All they did was work out how to stop us playing the ball forward and Bam. Constantly running at a back 2 or 3. His system is done at the top level and he has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    They put the ball in our net twice. We didn’t manage a single goal in 330 minutes of cup final football and 3 finals.

If we really want to beat Real we have to stop this small time - we coulda, we shoulda stuff. They beat us in 2014/15 - they beat us in the 2018 final and they beat us again last June.

No ifs buts or maybe’s - we need to beat them. Guess what… If Alisson wins MOTM as he rightly should have v Newcastle - nobody on here will complain.

We have to grow a pair of balls and believe we can beat them. I haven’t seen anything close to that since Rafa’s team in 2009
    What a perfect description ..........Everyone on this forum needs to read this and digest it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Klopps in danger of ruining his legacy here with this one trick pint bollox with over the hill players. Even in the 20 or so minutes we competed last night we were absolutely wide open at all times to be punished. All they did was work out how to stop us playing the ball forward and Bam. Constantly running at a back 2 or 3. His system is done at the top level and he has to change.
    Not going to happen dude. He doesn't have another way to or maybe he feels it's not possible with this lot?
    A bit of game management at 2-0 would have been useful.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I feel that you are overreacting to the defeat. It's understandable to feel disappointed or frustrated after a loss likle that but it's important to remember the big picture. Klopp is one of the best managers in the world and he'll bring us success again, just not this season. Klopp will be learning all the time what this team is capable of and what it's not. Sometimes it takes setbacks along the way. Try to keep a positive attitude and level head. Klopp is rebuilding. He will get there.

@ JockStrap

Can I ask you a question?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    @ JockStrap

Can I ask you a question?
    You already have

Tru dat 😜