Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salah agent resurfaces as rumours start spreading

Salah agent resurfaces as rumours start spreading

There’s been growing talk that Mohamed Salah may be considering a move away from Liverpool if the club fail to qualify for the Champions League next season.…

Full story

Think he'll almost certainly go if we don't qualify for Champs League next year...Aint looking good at the mo...

If some club pay what the club want, I've got no problem at all. I could accept an offer of 80M for him and possible could get 2 young players

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    If some club pay what the club want, I've got no problem at all. I could accept an offer of 80M for him and possible could get 2 young players
    I can't help but feel we should have got rid last summer when his stock was high and then re-invest a la coutinho.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Kop On Portugal View Post
    Same, great player, be hard/impossible to replace him but may be time to build a new system/team and love on. Been a great servant and always fit.

Can see him replacing Messi at PSG and Messi moving on to the gulf or Argentina

I think giving him a bumper new contract wasnt just to reward him and see him play out the whole of that contract length but also to protect/guarantee a future sale value. It surely didnt help his form, from then on. Sell sell sell, top 4 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Same, great player, be hard/impossible to replace him but may be time to build a new system/team and love on. Been a great servant and always fit.

Can see him replacing Messi at PSG and Messi moving on to the gulf or Argentina
    A cranky old lady is often pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    I think giving him a bumper new contract wasnt just to reward him and see him play out the whole of that contract length but also to protect/guarantee a future sale value. It surely didnt help his form, from then on. Sell sell sell, top 4 or not.
    We need to replace him with better. Who would that be?

Fuck this asshole
    (...the agent, I mean).

With all due respect to Mo and all, but this bellend has long shown bucketloads of disrespect to the club, the manager and the fans.
    And the whole song and dance he did last season to get his client a big payday contract extension all while dangling a potential move to another club as a threat while being a shithead about it....

Look I realize that part of the job description of an agent these days is to be an asshole for hire on behalf of your client to get him a big payday, but he takes it too far.

All that being said, Mo signed the extension (....which he's yet to start paying up on).
    Which means if he wants to move or a club wants him, they have to pay up.

I have to wonder if the club put a release clause on that extension.
    It'd be hard to imagine they would with a player of Mo's age.

Regardless, my preference remains as it was last season before he signs the extension.

Move him on and re-invest the funds on a younger pacier winger to complement our current front 2(/three) of the now and the future in Cody, Darwin and Diaz when he gets fit, and let's get them all on the same page as we begin the rebuild for this next version of Liverpool.

Based on the drop in his production this season (since the middle of last season, to be clear), it won't be the loss that most here fear it will be.

Let's look to the future and make our rebuild period shorter than the Scum and the like by getting on it earlier.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    His form had already dropped long before he signed the extension (Which he signed at the end of the season last season).

His form had already dropped from the time before the Christmas break and from before he and Mane left for the AFCON.

I agree that we should sell and move him on.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!