Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salah agent resurfaces as rumours start spreading

Had Mané stayed I doubt we’d be paying £350k a week now.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Had Mané stayed I doubt we’d be paying £350k a week now.
    I'd have always kept Mane and let Mo go, Mane was always our most important forward in my view, a view this season seems to bear out unfortunately
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Ramy Abbas Issa, the agent of Mo Salah, says a transfer rumour circling about the Egyptian on Monday is “nonsense.”

With 19 goals to his name in 35 appearances, Salah is Liverpool’s top scorer in a season in which they have failed to reach the levels of previous campaigns under Jurgen Klopp.
    Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Crystal Palace leaves them seventh in the table, nine points behind fourth placed Tottenham, with serious doubts as to whether they will be able to qualify for next season’s Champions League.

A recent story via Spanish football news outlet Fichajes, a notoriously poor source for transfer rumours, has suggested that Salah would be prepared to leave Liverpool should they fail to achieve a top four finish.
    And unsurprisingly, in a tweet on Monday morning, Salah’s agent called out the rumour as “nonsense.”

“Nonsense. This was never discussed or thought about. Not qualifying to the Champions League hasn’t even crossed our minds,” Abbas’ tweet read.

Paris St-Germain will face competition from Liverpool for the signature of AC Milan and Portugal forward Rafael Leao, with the Merseyside club ready to include Colombia winger Luis Diaz, 26, in a swap deal for the 23-year-old. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Paris St-Germain will face competition from Liverpool for the signature of AC Milan and Portugal forward Rafael Leao, with the Merseyside club ready to include Colombia winger Luis Diaz, 26, in a swap deal for the 23-year-old. (Calciomercato - in Italian)
    Surely not another 1

Think the timing will be right to replace Salah in the summer. Last chance to get a decent wedge for him and his numbers are falling steadily now year on year.

He stays and hopefully contributes or departs, freeing up about £18m-per-year from the wage bill to reinvest - plus we receive a fee on top of that.

The World will continue to turn with either outcome. I won't go so far as to say I "don't care" as I hate to see players depart if they have given us a lot (and he has given us some great memories) but I'm relatively relaxed about all possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    A cranky old lady is often pregnant.
    Oh BotStrap, you're a right sort you are....

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd have always kept Mane and let Mo go, Mane was always our most important forward in my view, a view this season seems to bear out unfortunately
    That’s fine, however in the last 2 league seasons they played together it’s:
    :

Mané
    2020/21- 11 scored 8 assists
    2021/22- 16 scored 4 assists

Total = 27 scored with 12 assists

Mo
    2020/21- 23 scored 14 assists
    2021/22- 22 scored 5 assists

Total = 45 scored with 19 assists

Mo’s goals and assists have carried us more than any player in the squad. That’s why he got the deal.

Mané only showing form post AFCON after almost 18 months of being well below his best.

We would ALL surely have wanted to keep Mané, but he wanted out, he wanted to play in an easier league.

All Comps it’s even more pronounced

Mané
    2020/21 - 16/9
    2021/22 - 23/5

39/14

Mo
    2020/21 - 31/6
    2021/22 - 31/16

62/22

And for this season, with Liverpool in the mire and Bayern flying,

Mané is 11 goals 4 assists

Mo is 19 goals 9 assists