Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salah agent resurfaces as rumours start spreading

Everything comes to a end I guess, might aswell make us more average when we're average and sell him right?

Maybe we'll haev Ox as a new signing to replace him on the right and spend the money on midfield??

we're already short that side of pitch x2 signings will be needed on the right..... we have to many left insides... not right
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Everything comes to a end I guess, might aswell make us more average when we're average and sell him right?
    Doubt anyone is in the "I'll drive him to the Airport myself" category or anything. I'd like him to stay personally.

However I don't mind exploring the other side. Again I will highlight the distinction between "value" and being "cheap" and ask a couple of questions, open to all -

- Is the current version of Salah worth £350k-per-week?
    - If yes, do we anticipate many seasons in the future of him being "worth" £350k-per-week?
    - Could we find 2-3 quality players in Europe that are younger, hungrier and whose collective wage packet roughly equals Salah's - we'll say three 22-26 year-olds each on £120k-per-week which would be only £10k-per-week more in outgoings?

It really comes down to how much we back him and how much we back our capacity to adequately replace him and/or utilise any money from his hypothetical sale. We did not spend the Suarez money wisely but did spend the Coutinho money wisely - so we know it can go either way.

As I said, I'd personally like to keep him.