Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Keita was pretty good in the 5-0 at Old Trafford (which is a fun combination of words to type) and if Klopp throws a curve-ball and plays him for the first hour or something I wouldn't be surprised.

As long as we turn up.
    I'm only joking about Keita Sid, and although alls well thats ends well that was an awful performance for over 70mins 2nite with our manager happy to continue wihout any substitutions. As for 2 the subs on 89 mins with the game won thats only 2 give those players a round of applause. Lets use fresh legs/ideas at 45,60 and 70 mins, not just plod on at 0-0 hoping for an opposition mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    I'm only joking about Keita Sid, and although alls well thats ends well that was an awful performance for over 70mins 2nite with our manager happy to continue wihout any substitutions. As for 2 the subs on 89 mins with the game won thats only 2 give those players a round of applause. Lets use fresh legs/ideas at 45,60 and 70 mins, not just plod on at 0-0 hoping for an opposition mistake.
    I know you were.

I couldn't watch the game this evening so will see highlights and piece together what I can from those and the match thread.

Just so delighted we won. Everton losing - and taking a hit in the goal difference column - a lovely bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I know you were.

I couldn't watch the game this evening so will see highlights and piece together what I can from those and the match thread.

Just so delighted we won. Everton losing - and taking a hit in the goal difference column - a lovely bonus.
    We were very awful for the most part and struggled to create. the usual, overplaying needlessly, no-one taking responsibility, going sideways and backwards when there were good options ahead of them none of them wanting to be the one who might give the ball away and Wolves possession by actually trying to make something happen even in pretty low risk situations , playing in front of Wolves with no runs in behind and not really looking like creating anything

Nunez created a bit running at Wolves, Jota too a couple of times and showed no small amount of quality setting Elliott up with 2 glorious chances he should have buried both of, one rescuing and making something of Jota's poorly overweighted pass, the other chesting it off making it sit up really nicely to be smashed home

Other than that we were always looking at a set piece and getting great delivery from one, after the goal Wolves crept forward a little and Wagbo release Tsimikas in behind quite brilliant and he just drove on and into the box to tee up Mo

Mo stank the place out for the most part as he always does whenever Elliott plays, kept dropping very short trying to run at and past players with the ball and make play rather than making runs in behind and playing on the last defender which he's very good at
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh, and we had width, Nunez kept the width on the left for the most part and a bit of link up with Tsimi and Nunez on occasion, that was progress and pleasing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Excellent 3 points last night. The performance was okay... nothing more, but I'll take the same outcome on Sunday. Absolutely dreading it already.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Much better second half. Crowd got behind us and the intensity was there. Jota looking especially good.
    On Sunday the crowd and the intensity of the situation will help us and lift confidence.
    Bit worried about the refs and VAR. Who is our ref for sunday? Last night the refereeing was really bad.

Referee: Andy Madley . Assistants: Adam Nunn, Harry Lennard. Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Same Coote that didn't see Emu arms break Virgils knee in half
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You see david Coote was on VAR when we had the worst VAR decision ever, that game at Everton when Jordan scored last minute and someone (Mane?) was deemed to be offside. even though they couldn't produce a graphic that showed it. There was stuff online about Coote being a Man Utd fan. And i think even Jurgen said he shouldn't officiate our games any more.
    I might be misremembering some of that ( I am an old git), but some of you will know what I am talking about. Was it a decision which cost us the league in a 1 point difference season?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    You see david Coote was on VAR when we had the worst VAR decision ever, that game at Everton when Jordan scored last minute and someone (Mane?) was deemed to be offside. even though they couldn't produce a graphic that showed it. There was stuff online about Coote being a Man Utd fan. And i think even Jurgen said he shouldn't officiate our games any more.
    I might be misremembering some of that ( I am an old git), but some of you will know what I am talking about. Was it a decision which cost us the league in a 1 point difference season?
    apparently the profile showing him as a man u fan is fake. still a shit ref
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"