Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man United

Hendo can play in a side with 3 or 4 WC players. He can coral the troops and act as manager voice on the pitch. The instant that level of support cast isn’t there or the level drops his lack of ability gets brutally exposed. Perfect foil for Klopp. Klopp was technically suspect too

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Hendo can play in a side with 3 or 4 WC players. He can coral the troops and act as manager voice on the pitch. The instant that level of support cast isn’t there or the level drops his lack of ability gets brutally exposed. Perfect foil for Klopp. Klopp was technically suspect too
    Lolzer Henderson is an absolutely exceptional player, his legs and engine are starting to fail him granted, he doesn't have as sexy looking technique as some players, but he played the switches and quickly up and down medium to long balls with backspin making them incredibly easy for the recipient to control better than and more consistently than anyone I've seen, including a lot of players with far greater technique and all round passing ability We have a player in our ranks with incredible technique in some areas, who has yet to hit a single pass of the type and quality hendo did so effortlessly

His readiing of the game, positioning, understanding and intelligence is phenomenal, it is wildly underrated except amongst ex pros on commentary and punditry who frequently comment on it and it is a long way above the level of those things of the vast majority of all our other players, a very long way above
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

While Ninteen gets himself a little carried away at times with his Hendo love in, he's right in the fact that his technical ability is massively underrated.

He's not Modric but the way some go on you'd think we'd been carrying Lee Carsley or Darren Gibson for the last 10 years...

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    While Ninteen gets himself a little carried away at times with his Hendo love in, he's right in the fact that his technical ability is massively underrated.

He's not Modric but the way some go on you'd think we'd been carrying Lee Carsley or Darren Gibson for the last 10 years...
    No one here is In any doubt Jordan was a major reason we won so much these past few years.
    Unlike 19x most agree Fabinho was also a huge part of that as well.
    Its Just sad that both have underperformed at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He started the games Southgate played 433 which was the best the national team has played under Southgate, and scored

He generally doesn't start or hadn't been starting because Southgate was playing 343 or 4231 and bizarrely rated Rice and Phillips as the best possible DM pairing among all England players

He barely featured at the Euros because he wasn't fit, having got injured in the Derby v Everton, picking up a lengthy abdominal injury through Kavanagh letting Docoure hold and drag him back for fully 15 yards until finally and long overdue blowing up when Hendo pulled up injured

Playing 343 or 4231 with Kane as the 1 with the group of players at his disposal shows that Southgate is a fucking amateur anyway

Also I don't base Casemiro's ability as greater on international football, he's a miles better player than Fab ever has been or ever will be, you can see that in abundance watching them in games, it was Casemiro Fab completely lost to let him feed Valverde to assist Vinicius' winner in the Champions League final
    That tite looked every bit an amateur aswell at the world cup final.
    I've never watched the final so can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    No one here is In any doubt Jordan was a major reason we won so much these past few years.
    Unlike 19x most agree Fabinho was also a huge part of that as well.
    Its Just sad that both have underperformed at the same time.

Correct - and comparisons with Carsley… That would be funny to see anyone do something so daft.

Hendo has been a great servant, worked his socks off and has been the managers voice on the pitch.

But technically speaking - he was never ever top level. He would be the first to admit it too. We won nowt before Fabinho and look like winning nowt now he looks a shadow of his former self.

Stats from the last meeting at Old Toilet early in the season

Goals 2-1
    Shots 13-17
    On target 5-5
    Possession 29%-71%
    Passes 273-645
    Pass accuracy 65%-83%

They might actually try and play football instead of hoofball with hteir new found confidence, I think it would be wise not to fall into the trap of going gung ho with them just looking to counter again

We were playing brian fart Gomez at CB too, he's played in a lot of the bad results unsurprisingly and I seem to remember one of his brain farts playing a part in their winner
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

After yesterday's news a Bobby winner would be the perfect ending.

Someone needs to let rashford know he's in for a tough night from the start. Our lads are way too nice.
    What I'd give for a crunching gerrard style tackle at the right moment.
    You know Mo and co will be tackled hard as soon as they have the ball by Martinez and casimero.

Also i recall telling friends who didn't watch football much (besides wc) that one of the reasons England weren't top class is that henderson was their first choice in such an important position. Kinda mind blowing for such a big football nation.

Alisson

Taa Konate vvd Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Bajcetic

Salah Bobby Darwin