Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Joint accounts

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Crikey a lot in my life has changed in 16 years !
    Mine has changed beyond all recognition in the last 21 years and not for the better
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well, we have to live in the present moment, present breath, the now.
    Consciousness.
    The egoic mind wants us to live in the past (depression) or live in the future (anxiety), our voice in our head , the 'roommate ' constantly preparing us for the worst case scenarios to protect us.

Inbuilt flight, fight, freeze mechanism to tackle a lion, which these days takes the form of a crowded supermarket.

Fruit, veg, water, nature , walks , talks, friends, family, doing stuff you enjoy.

Accepting what is, isness.
    Letting go.
    Finding the off switch to the thoughts and emotions. Trying to get to the source of our inner energy to release positive chemicals in our bodies to replenish our body.

Anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was then, I did join another site as well, so could be confusing it, I was sure it was when I lived at my first Manc flat and i was only there for a year and that was 2002-2003, I spent a year between my parents and my girlfriends after that and joined again when I got my my next Manc flat in 2004, then lost that account because it had an AOL email address and for some reason the site stopped the use of web based only accounts as I remember, then joined immediately again on this account when I got an email address that was acceptable to the site. This is my third account here
    I believe its your third account. I struggle believing any woman would put up with you though

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    I believe its your third account. I struggle believing any woman would put up with you though
    It was actually more a case of me putting up with her to be honest, for 10 years, didn't really realise until after it was all over just how controlling and manipulative in her own way she was and how compulsive a liar she was

In a nutshell, I supported her through thick and thin, financially and emotionally and in giving up lots of things that were essential to my well being to do so and when doing that made me ill, after 10 years of being completely looked after, including when she had a meltdown and dropped out of Uni and managed to lie successfully to her family, me and all her friends and our mutual friends about it for fully 2 years, off she went
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This reminds me of the time i was at a Electrafix conference at Old Trafford (spits on the ground) the lecturer was Dutch, one of the attendees asked a technical question about a new product, the lecturer asked in his Dutch accent "what is your name" a voice from the back shouted "don't tell him Pike" the place erupted, everyone was in stitches laughing, whilst the poor man looked on in bemusement.
    Getting there.

Hahaaa… Stays with you, something like that

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    7th January 2007
    No idea why.
    Maybe my first email address....
    Crikey a lot in my life has changed in 16 years !
    Think I was 2009 - but the less fun part - I want to say November or December of 2009 so it was 09/10 season rather than 08/09 season.

Fine enough margins that season, when you consider what was happening at the club. We may have missed out on the Champion's League, but only by 7 points. We may have missed out on winning the Europa League, but reached the semi-final and would have played Roy Hodgson's Fulham in the Final.

Always wanted to see where that 08/09 side could have gone with the right additions but it wasn't to be. As difficult a period as 09/10 - early 15/16 was I don't think I'd change it given that we ended up with Klopp in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think I was 2009 - but the less fun part - I want to say November or December of 2009 so it was 09/10 season rather than 08/09 season.

Fine enough margins that season, when you consider what was happening at the club. We may have missed out on the Champion's League, but only by 7 points. We may have missed out on winning the Europa League, but reached the semi-final and would have played Roy Hodgson's Fulham in the Final.

Always wanted to see where that 08/09 side could have gone with the right additions but it wasn't to be. As difficult a period as 09/10 - early 15/16 was I don't think I'd change it given that we ended up with Klopp in the end.
    Agree Sid. Those were some dark days but I wouldn't change a thing, the ride has been as good as the end achievements and glory. It's all part of it.
    It's like the 18 CL final, If we had won that we'd likely have stuck by Karius and not brought Ali in. We all know that wouldn't have ended well.