Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Gary Lineker

Being stood down by the BBC for MOTD for supporting refugees and asylum speakers. Now Ian Wright has said he won't appear, in solidarity. Now Alan shearer says he also won't appear. So whoever does front it is going to look like a scab.
    Shearer is not the most exciting pundit in the world, but well done to all of them., I hope the entire crew of pundits will back him. maybe Suella Braverman could host Match of the Day.
    Last edited by faridtoxteth; 10th March 2023 at 07:59 PM.

Now Mark Lawrenson has ruled out a return.

Give it to Micah.

No wait, there must be a former women's international knocking about.

Alex Scott has tweeted she won't do it.
    I wonder who the bookies favourite is to be a scab.
    I would bet on Jermaine Jenas doing it. It's his big chance to host. haven't they been grooming him to replace Lineker for years. And he is the absolute worst on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Give it to Micah.
    For the love of all that is Holy I sincerely hope not.

Bantz-era punditry is so depressingly shite. There's a video of him and Gary Neville doing an interview and the two of them honestly are laughing at absolutely nothing and so often the laughs feel unbelievably forced.

Mark Chapman ruling himself out. This is going to be funny. It would have been better for the BBC to just have overlooked it. Must have been pressure from the govt.

I mean although it is getting funny now, the serious point is that the government are pressurising the BBC to take someone off air, because they disagree with govt policy. Ironically demonstrating how fascistic and dark this is, which is exactly what Lineker was saying about them.
    How the fuck did we get to a place like this?

I don't think crossing the channel in small boats is the best way, But Gary seems to think its OK.

As more candidates rule themselves out Piers Morgan is an outsider with the bookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    As more candidates rule themselves out Piers Morgan is an outsider with the bookies.
    Nigel Farage for me !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Nigel Farage for me !!
    Ha! he's now more likely than former bookies favourite Jermaine Jenas, who has just ruled himself out.