Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Not my debate but when I saw an article pertaining the minister, the name sounded not 1200 English. I checked the lady Suela Bravermann and I make the uneducated assumption that somewhere down her lineage that her family are migrants to England. I may be wrong, but that is terrible from if she is. Self-entitled and forgetful

In our nation, South Africa we have massive amount of foreign nationals. Historic from the colonial period but modern day as well. Indeed it is a problem, but I understand people would not be flocking here if it were better at home. So it does make a huge demand on resources so I can see an economic argument to it, but from a humane point of view, the earth belongs to people, before borders were drawn and "money" system was created

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Correct. I feel for people who base their world view on right wing shitrags.
    The other point to make.
    Is that since around 1990 the uk population increased 10million.

Half of that , 5 million , is an ageing population 65 to 100yo.
    People in the uk living longer.
    More workers needed to pay their retirement.

Add the babyboomer period on top of that, uk was around 3.5 children per family in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

Then, the uk doesn't want to help uk families to eat and get an education, the uk getting cheap educated Labour from abroad.

If the uk doesn't want immigration.
    Then

1. Support uk families to have bigger family numbers ie 2.5 children per family instead of 1.4.
    Other countries give tax incentives and support to have 3 children.

2. Support uk students to go through university instead of getting uk students £50k+ in debt before they start working.
    Again poor and cheap government long term policy.

UK NEEDS IMMIGRATION, but uses it as a tool to use when failing .
    Immigrants cannot vote, so very easy scapegoat.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

1.1 million people migrated into the UK and 560,000 people emigrated from it, leaving net migration of 504,000 people.

For reasons as said above.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    No he doesn't. You should read his tweet. How could he compare a policy to a country? That's not what he's doing.

Maybe understand the context before accusing him of talking shite.
    Spot on… why don’t people listen to the whole thing before they comment. Obviously taken a stance based on the totally misleading construct portrayed by much of the media…..not as though they’d do that though would they.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    100%. It's all they have left.
    I totally agree with you, but what is their aim? Is it to ensure that the hovering voters with a shadow of right/ little Britainism vote for them….or to get the country to such a degree of imbalance and anarchy which they can then blame on immigrants, leaving it to labour to carry the can? Only then to ( post labour election victory) say told you so let us back in to sort the mess (that we created) out.
    It is a really strange scenario that’s being played out .

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    I totally agree with you, but what is their aim? Is it to ensure that the hovering voters with a shadow of right/ little Britainism vote for them….or to get the country to such a degree of imbalance and anarchy which they can then blame on immigrants, leaving it to labour to carry the can? Only then to ( post labour election victory) say told you so let us back in to sort the mess (that we created) out.
    It is a really strange scenario that’s being played out .
    Not sure at all. Amongst themselves it's a total smash n grab of what they can, they don't even hide it anymore. Parliamentary standard has dropped so low under this Govt it's u real. Johnson is the worst thing to ever happen to this country. politics is so fractured now that I think there will be a new govt every election going forward.
    The UK and Trump jumping into bed with the Russians to feather their own nests has absolutely fucked so much and none of us as working people or a society are seeing any benefit. It's just divided us all.

It feels like a perfect opportunity to boycott match of the day.

But seriously, we need immigration. What we don’t need is dangerous illegal immigration. The focus should be on giving people the opportunity to come here and make a better life for themselves. I work for the NHS, and trust me, without the immigrant workforce, there would be no NHS … fact.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Saw it mentioned that the Beeb planned to repeat last Sunday's MOTD2 instead tonight. Although staff at their Salford HQ weren't happy for some reason🤣

If the BBC had any wit at all they'd show some old games from 1930s Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    If the BBC had any wit at all they'd show some old games from 1930s Germany
    Escape to victory