Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gary Lineker

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    ^ Legend..
    Yep. He's spot on.

Absolute legend.... He literally had everything in his locker....

Indeed Justin.

Something about John Barnes. When you saw him in the flesh. He was different to almost all the other players. Not because he was black or because he was so incredibly good with a football at his feet. He just seemed miles and miles ahead in his brain. You can see it on video if you watch closely but I always had the sense of a man who would have been top class at whatever he did.

He sees it all so clearly. It’s rare you get a man of that intellect playing football at such a high level. But it’s just one of a number of qualities he has. His bravery is something everyone should admire. He has the courage to speak it regardless of the media narrative of the day.

And I wont apologise for posting this again.

Barnes was the player I tried to pretend to be when I was at secondary school, absolutely amazing player, criminal all us who couldn't get to matches didn't have the opportunities youngsters to day have to see more of him in full games and that if he had that achilles injury in the modern day, they'd get him back playing at the level he did prior to it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Was he as good as you were big lad?

Probably my favourite player up until stevie. Maybe still is.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Was he as good as you were big lad?
    Neveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jajajajajajaja, i knew that.....
    Datta boy Nineteenx.... 😄

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Probably my favourite player up until stevie. Maybe still is.
    Kenny and Barnes for me. Kenny a childhood idol - Barnes I think just about the best player I ever saw in red. So much better than all other 21 players on the same pitch,

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Barnes was the player I tried to pretend to be when I was at secondary school, absolutely amazing player, criminal all us who couldn't get to matches didn't have the opportunities youngsters to day have to see more of him in full games and that if he had that achilles injury in the modern day, they'd get him back playing at the level he did prior to it
    Barnes didn't come back at the same level because of personal choices during his layoff. That was a shit show of a season think we had 3 achilles injuries before Halloween.