Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Gary Lineker

Man John Barnes part of the reason I fell in love with Liverpool as a kid.

Ironically Gary Lineker to my memory is my first footballing icon. Think it's cause we share a name. I nicknamed a childhood friend Barnes and till this day that is the name people call him. Cause of my name some people called me Lineker. So We were Barnes and Lineker. "We were always living Barnes to Lineker" in our play in the streets.

Absolutely adored Barnes even the slower Barnes was class, a real footballing technician.

Rush was the best for me. Not just a goal scorer but first line of defense too.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Cause of my name some people called me Lineker.
    Goal hanger then
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Goal hanger then
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Rush was the best for me. Not just a goal scorer but first line of defense too.
    This clip made me to go and watch the 89 final highlights. And I just fell in love with Rush again. What a player.

Those of you in England who are older than 40 or so have been blessed. I wish I could have seen live the team of the mud to late 80s, man the attacking quartet as it seems we played some sort of dynamic 424 with Breadsley, Rush Aldridge, Barnes, Whelan and think Johnston. So whoever of those started plus McMahon and Whelan. Seems like McMahon was a footballing genius, a real thinker, engine o ja forgot about Malby.

Then of course the older than 50s would know of the Dalglish, Rush, Keegan, Souness etc time.

I know the Mane Salah, Firmino group were as electrifying as well. Pity Gerrard, Torres and Suarez didn't win more trophies as they are for me also a fantastic group.

The spice Boys also has absolute legend in Fowler and quality of Mcmanaman.

Man despite all things if you lived to see a couple of footballing days with these then life was good. Of course there is Shanklys boys as well.

Has Gary Lineker condemned fellow poc Diane Abbott as a Nazi ?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65365978

"The two groups most likely to say they have experienced racist abuse are Traveller communities and Jewish people....
    White Irish people are more likely to say they have experienced prejudice in Britain than black African people"
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/15/racism-in-britain-is-not-a-black-and-white-issue-it-is-far-more-complicated

Fucking cheek of the Guardian, there are no White Irish people.
    I expect a letter of resignation and an end to the BBC over their treatment of Tyson Fury.

Its us "white" people that are the racists no one else. I actually don't know anyone who acts like that and its the case for most.
    No one likes prejudice of any kind. The UK is actually a very accepting nation compared to most countries on earth. But like the Guardian.. its never enough.. I dunno what else they want??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its us "white" people that are the racists no one else. I actually don't know anyone who acts like that and its the case for most.
    No one likes prejudice of any kind. The UK is actually a very accepting nation compared to most countries on earth. But like the Guardian.. its never enough.. I dunno what else they want??
    The JQ needs to be addressed more often. All these mouthpieces in the Western world, but you hardly ever hear them raise the JQ...
    They must be on the Shekel payroll too....