Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Bournemouth v Liverpool

A bot would use stats to decide who played better.

Bournemouth played to a plan made to utilise their strengths and executed it to perfection.
    We appeared to have no plan to execute and played as if it didn’t matter anyway.

Bournemouth we’re the better team to those with a human eye.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    A bot would use stats to decide who played better.

Bournemouth played to a plan made to utilise their strengths and executed it to perfection.
    We appeared to have no plan to execute and played as if it didn’t matter anyway.

Bournemouth we’re the better team to those with a human eye.
    The uninformed would ignore everything that happened and focus just on the one goal that decided the game.

This idea that Bournemouth were the better team simply isn't true. You're letting the result blind you to what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    The uninformed would ignore everything that happened and focus just on the one goal that decided the game.

This idea that Bournemouth were the better team simply isn't true. You're letting the result blind you to what actually happened.
    In what way we're Liverpool the better side there?
    Dozen chances in the first half? Are you sure you don't mean two or three?

Not a good take. We had 70% possession to 30%. 15 shots to their 5. 6 shots on target to their 2. We missed a penalty and several other good chances. There is no way they were the better team.
    Unfortunately the Cherries do not have a squad of our level, but they can compete to get the best out of the game. By playing the way they did (and they did as good as they were capable) they got a result.
    My point I cannot stress enough is that organization beats individual play in the long run.
    Yes we could've should've would've won but we didn't because we failed to adapt,they did it right.
    It is painful but we need to learn.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In what way we're Liverpool the better side there?
    Dozen chances in the first half? Are you sure you don't mean two or three?
    I've already posted all the ways we were better. Creating more chances and getting more shots on target means you're the better team. It doesn't mean you'll win any single game but it's nonsense to suggest the other team were better. They had 2 shots on target the whole game and scored one.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Perhaps I am utterly deluded, but I don't worry about the results in those games listed anything like as much as I would about away ties to sides placed lower down.

We have the ability and the habit of raising our game. I am quietly confident about some of those matches ahead, I really am. Where my confidence wanes is the likes of going away to Leeds, away to West Ham, away to Leicester and away to Southampton.

You can quote me on this later in the season if you like (if I'm wrong I'm wrong, couldn't care less) but I fancy us to get more points from the matches you've listed than the ones I have - purely because of this game-raising tendency we have.
    Sid. I get you no stress. Hence I said on form. The point was more that we should be careful in assuming there is lots of football and yet 1/3 or so are on papers 50/50. Think today especially after kast weekend and the mini run we were on and Bournemouth bring one of the shitest teams in the league, we lost 3 pts today.

So I wont quote you as I see what you saying brother.

If Everton end up relegated, can we attribute it to Salah's missed pen to make ourselves feel better?

Asking for a friend.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Not a good take. We had 70% possession to 30%. 15 shots to their 5. 6 shots on target to their 2. We missed a penalty and several other good chances. There is no way they were the better team.
    4 of those shots on target were in the first 15-20mins I think. At which point we figured we'd eventually score and got passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bredred View Post
    Unfortunately the Cherries do not have a squad of our level, but they can compete to get the best out of the game. By playing the way they did (and they did as good as they were capable) they got a result.
    My point I cannot stress enough is that organization beats individual play in the long run.
    Yes we could've should've would've won but we didn't because we failed to adapt,they did it right.
    It is painful but we need to learn.
    We failed because we missed a boatload of chances and a penalty.

Thanks for letting me know what I am “letting” happen, where would I be without you.

Bournemouth played the game to a plan formulated to win the game, that is the object at the outset. They won urgo their plan worked because they did exactly what they set out to do.

Unless we set out to lose the game and not score a single goal against the weakest defence in the league, we failed miserably.

Don’t be fooled by stats, bot mate, points are not won by stats, they’re won by outscring your opponent, feed that into your programme.

Oh and creating more chances?? Really?? Watch it back and come on and tell us how many clear chances each team had.