Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Last-16, Second Leg)

Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Last-16, Second Leg)

Zero faith in our capacity to turn around a massive deficit against the side in Europe with the most rock-solid mentality in this competition, but it has to be played.

.......................Alisson

Trent......Konate.....Van Dijk...Robertson

......................Fabinho

............Henderson........Milner

....Núñez...........Jota.......Gakpo

Terrible performance against Bournemouth all round.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

the games not finished yet. quick typing..
    Guess the game against Bournemouth doesnt matter to some!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

At least we've saved some players for this......... LOL
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

We go again

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    the games not finished yet. quick typing..
    Guess the game against Bournemouth doesnt matter to some!
    I have explained multiple times how I type these up and the game was indeed finished when I posted it.

Your persistent issue with these threads is beyond sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I have explained multiple times how I type these up and the game was indeed finished when I posted it.

Your persistent issue with these threads is beyond sad.
    Only thing sad is you and the lack of actually bothering.. When we lose against Madrid over 2 legs.. Can i post a thread at half time?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Only thing sad is you and the lack of actually bothering.. When we lose against Madrid over 2 legs.. Can i post a thread at half time?
    Ah yes, me posting at the full-time whistle means I "don't care" - of course.

By that logic you have outed yourself - here is a thread made before a full-time whistle in anticipation of an Everton clash -

https://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showthread.php?309335-Your-team-for-Liverpool-Everton

Something you have done a number of times over the last 3 seasons - including a post in which you said "sorry Sid, beat you to it" - highlighting that you care more about some sort of fictitious "race" with me to put a thread up (when you know I always put a thread of this Nature up) than the match.

But whatever makes you happy justme.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    We go again
    All we can do really.

Hopefully can get a lead on the night. Hope would be nice to keep it fun.

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Fabinho Henderson

Salah Wagbo Nunez

Pressing and counter pressing Liverpool please, and continue with pressing and counter pressing, part of the issue after we went 2-0 up v Real (aside from Gomez being clueless at CB) was we suddenly decided we were a footballing side again and that we could engage Real in a game of possession football, which they are ultimately far better at even with their current poor side than we'll ever be

We could win this by the required margin, but Jurgen's gone so full on Forest Gump this season I don't trust that he'll pick an appropriate line up that at least seems to make sense of set them up properly for the task in hand, today's game being a prime example of what I'm talking about
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

If I was Liverpool Manager for the game

AB
    Gomez VVD Konate
    Hendo some1 Robbo

Trent Gakpo
    Salah Nunez

It is a 352 but Trent more license. To huge touch line and come inside again as well inverted winger. Defensively can become back 4. Gakpo the link player. Nunez to play positional as he is now. Robbo at times to offer width on the left. But overall Right side and central main attack areas. Try to pin Vinicius back. At times Trent can be 3rd midfielder making it a kind of 433. High line is possible with those 3 centre backs also allowing for higher press. But midfield 2 must be disciplined not getting involved in attack. 5 players concerned with attacking. 5 with defending primarily but other 5 still helping. Defensive 5 don't help in attack beyond middle 3rd. Central mid included.

Try to keep it tight though not full throttle. Just manage the game but give Trent license to go anywhere on the pitch.

But Klopp will play 433 Elliot to start. Firmino is also going to start for sure. Milner 70% chance as well.