Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Last-16, Second Leg)

The only chance we have are the strikers doing a manutd where almost every shot goes in. Need the defenders to put in some blocks/saves with Ali.
    It'll immensely help if madrid have a stinker too, or not 'try' till they're 2 Down.

Can this happen so soon after the manutd game again? Doubtful, but hopefully fully madrid get cocky and give us a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Another behind the settee jobbie tonight, for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Worst-case-scenario we get thumped.

We are already up against it. About a 1% chance we'll win.

But 1% beats 0% - just try to enjoy it if you can.

All about how you frame it. I've been working outdoors in the cold and rain today. I'll be indoors for the match and that's a net win.

Tonight's a free hit. A roll of the Dice. If we are 3-0 up with ten minutes to go and Real Madrid have us penned in then yeah, behind the sofa time

Two 45-minute games of Football tonight. One needs won 2-0 and the other 1-0 to earn a half-hour bonus round of gut-wrenching squeaky bum time. I just don't see it happening this evening, but sometimes gambles pay off.

It's likely our last Champion's League knockout game until February 2025 so grab yourself some snacks and a bevvy and make the best of it.
    my previous "behind the settee" was our game at home against Uniturd!

I absolutely expect our lads to win abd by the required margin, this Real side aren't that good at all, they've been beaten comfortably by Barca a few times already this season and recently held to a goalless draw by Betis, both of whom looked desperately average in loosing convincingly to a desperately average filthy side

Jurgen fucked up with his selection and subs in the first game and needs a result tonight already having recently lost a Champions League final to them we should have won comfortably

No excuses
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You really expect us to win, and by 4 goals in the Bernabeu ...the home of the mighty Real Madrid?

Despite a severely weakened midfield, missing 2 of our 3 first choice players and 3 of our 4 first choice..?

Well I hope to god you are right - but it sounds like bravado to me.

I expect Jurgen to pick a side and prepare them tactically and mentally to get the win by the required margin

This season is his mess, he was at it again v Bournemouth, he needs to stop making excuses and blaming the players a number of whose greatest strengths and abilities he's spent the vast majority of this season not playing to, own HIS mess and start coaching and delivering
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Given our immediate injury problems..if I was preparing a team i would go for a 4- 2- 1-3 with Bobby Firmino as the 1, dropping into midfield out of possession. But in attack it would be like 4 2 4.I don't see what options we have to play a 4-3-3 really (Milner Fab and harvey Elliot in a game where we have to really go for it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I expect Jurgen to pick a side and prepare them tactically and mentally to get the win by the required margin

This season is his mess, he was at it again v Bournemouth, he needs to stop making excuses and blaming the players a number of whose greatest strengths and abilities he's spent the vast majority of this season not playing to, own HIS mess and start coaching and delivering
    Tranquility likes to have a shower in the morning.

4231, Jota CF, Núñez, Gakpo and Salah as the 3.
    Bypass midfield fuck it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Tranquility likes to have a shower in the morning.
    Can he play midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    4231, Jota CF, Núñez, Gakpo and Salah as the 3.
    Bypass midfield fuck it!!!
    Could work.

But think keeping it tight and normal might be good. A goal in our favour changes the complexion no matter how experienced they are.