Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Last-16, Second Leg)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh well Real will be proper bricking it now.
    I'd still prefer him to be playing than not. I don't think we have a chance of progressing but would still prefer him in the team than not, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Ruled out with illness. It was mentioned before kick off on Saturday so obviously something he hasn't shaken off. Soft c#$t.
    Bacjetic also ruled out with an abductor issue. So down to fab, milner and elliot?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I'd still prefer him to be playing than not. I don't think we have a chance of progressing but would still prefer him in the team than not, right now.
    After all the evidence? He has lost virtually every game in every team he has faced Modric in. You can’t match up certain players and expect a good outcome.

We are getting bounced out regardless.

I mean seriously, we aren’t actually expecting to turn this around are we?

?

?
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th March 2023 at 08:41 PM.

After all the evidence? He has lost virtually every game in every team he has faced Modric in. You can’t match up certain players and expect a good outcome.

We are getting bounced out regardless.

I mean seriously, we aren’t actually expecting to turn this around are we?

?

?
    As I said, I don't think we have a chance of progressing. So no.

But I would still prefer Henderson to play tomorrow night than not.

I guess in our current predicament - yes. A full squad and it's a big fat no for me. He doesn't have the courage to stay on the ball against players of that class, We have seen it v Croatia - Real (multiple times across 7 years) and Spurs.
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th March 2023 at 09:25 PM.

After all the evidence? He has lost virtually every game in every team he has faced Modric in
    You mean Thiago's our LCM controllers man in the Champions League final?

oh yes I recall it, Thiago was way out of position, getting ahead of himself and Robbo to allow Modric to get space to burst forward, Robbo was going to him, but Fab had his usual rush off blood running off his man Casemiro to Modric to allow Modric to feed Casemiro easily to release Valverde in behind Robbo, Virgil has to come across, Konate who had been defending Vinicius brilliantly has to leave him and come across, Valverde crosses for Vinicius to score

Henderson, at the point Thiago fucked up at RCM, was stopping the centre to left ball directly from Casemiro to Vincius, but yes, I see how it was all Hendo's fault

I see how Real running riot predominantly down our left through Bajcetic's and Fab's area in the 5-2 was very obviously Henderson's fault, let me recall, Fab gets beaten by a Modric to a header, he bursts forward straiught through Bajcetic as if he's no even there the attempted challenge or whatever is was supposed to be was weak as piss, yes I can see that our letting in all these goals coming from other people's area of the pitch were somehow all Hendo's fault

You should be embarrassed mate, your 8 year plus running campaign and vitriol towards our captain is ridiculous
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You mean Thiago's our LCM controllers man in the Champions League final?

oh yes I recall it, Thiago was way out of position, getting ahead of himself and Robbo to allow Modric to get space to burst forward, Robbo was going to him, but Fab had his usual rush off blood running off his man Casemiro to Modric to allow Modric to feed Casemiro easily to release Valverde in behind Robbo, Virgil has to come across, Konate who had been defending Vinicius brilliantly has to leave him and come across, Valverde crosses for Vinicius to score

Henderson, at the point Thiago fucked up at RCM, was stopping the centre to left ball directly from Casemiro to Vincius, but yes, I see how it was all Hendo's fault

I see how Real running riot predominantly down our left through Bajcetic's and Fab's area in the 5-2 was very obviously Henderson's fault, let me recall, Fab gets beaten by a Modric to a header, he bursts forward straiught through Bajcetic as if he's no even there the attempted challenge or whatever is was supposed to be was weak as piss, yes I can see that our letting in all these goals coming from other people's area of the pitch were somehow all Hendo's fault

You should be embarrassed mate
    Can't play Jordan against Luka.. Get murdered. Playing with 10 like we were in the 5:2.. go watch. Gomez makes some mistakes BUT there is a hole in the middle of the pitch where a captain should be.

Can't play Jordan against Luka.. Get murdered. Playing with 10 like we wer in the 5:2.. go watch. Gomez makes some mistakes BUT there is a hole in the middle of the pitch where a captain should be.
    He wasn't playing against Luka, that was Bajcetic and Fabinho, Modric is a clever player who goes where he wants and sees a weakness, in the Champions league final he move himself away from Hendo to play around Thiago and Fab, in the 5-2 he moves himself away from Hendo to play around Bajcetic and Fab, Modric obviously sees everything I do

Hendo v Modric

2011/12
    Spurs 4: Liverpool 0

2014/15
    Liverpool 0: Real 3

2017/18
    Real Madrid 3 Liverpool 1
    England 1 Croatia 2

2021/22
    Real Madrid 1 Liverpool 0

2022/23
    Liverpool 2 Real 5

6 games and the aggregate is 15: 4

The record is clear..

Henderson and any team he seems to play in when facing Luka Modric - gets beaten. HE can represent a nation of over 65 million people from the supposed strongest league in the world vs one of only 4 million.. He can play in one of the strongest Liverpool sides assembled vs a supposedly ordinary Real… It seems the results go one way.

IMO you cannot pit 2 players with such a vast difference in quality - right in the middle of your team, and expect to win. You can even go ahead in the game, but you will invariably lose. The gulf in class is just too big.

And Obviously This is just one player v another - these are team games.. BUT I post this just for you.. because YOU seem to think things can be looked at this way.

The opinion is born out by the facts.

Steveo, you're loathing or our captain and blaming him for the fuck ups of other players against players who weren't even in his area of the pitch is simply ridiculous and embarrassing