Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Last-16, Second Leg)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Naah.

You are talking utter balderdash - as usual. You have repeatedly been found out for getting to your facts wrong. Suggesting players were hooked when they weren’t. Calling out team selections before games and then Claiming you supported them all along.

If Hendo starts and we lose it’s because of Fabinho. If Thiago plays and we lose it’s his fault and if he doesn’t it’s still his fault.

You are a piece of work and not a very good one
    You just made all that up You're cracking, definitely triggered

I did get my legs of one Champions League tie mixed up, that was it, the rest is a nonsense, not at all accurate, very much like your woefully flawed school kid assessment that all our issues are solely down to underfunding by FSG and Jurgen hasn't made a single fuck up He's made shit loads, been going rapidly downhill since winning the title, or rather since effectively already having won it and bringing Fab back in

Where we have arrived is ever ybit as much Jurgen and his coaching staff's fault as it is FSG's for not providing him with more funds, but when you look at the 130m criminally wasted on Fab, Keita and Thiago, well, maybe they have a point
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I have never said that Jurgen has not made mistakes. He always had a blind spot on the midfield - that was me that called that years ago… Years ago 19.

He even suspected it himself. Sadly he never went full on to get to the next level. He stuck with the same methods and over relied on that front 3 and Virgil van Dijk. Who played every single minute of every single game for 2 seasons straight, before picking up an injury that he seemingly has never fully recovered from.

These are mistakes BUT they are born of being unable to take the required risks.

He always had a blind spot on the midfield - that was me that called that years ago… Years ago 19.
    His blind spot is in his recruitment of midfielders, the ones he inherited, Hendo, Milner and Can were and/or have been far better than any he has brought in bar Gini who was also exceptional at what he did

I think he lives in the same fantasy world as you when it comes to midfield recruitment

And again - we win nowt without Fabinho. We won nowt before him too. You can claim what you like - the facts are there for all to see.

75 points pre Fabinho. 97 the season after he arrives and number 6.

99 the second season and a title.

You want to lump Keita in with him - how disingenuous, and Thiago didn’t arrive until 2 years later.

What klopp got together was a group of players all believing what he was telling them.
    All in their physical prime. 26 to 28yo.
    All hunger to do more.
    Mentality monsters and a belief that they could win every single game.
    99points for a possible 114.
    That was a miracle.

Those years between 2018 to 2020 were incredible.
    Sadly doped man city took some gloss off the achievements with a title or two.

The back 5 plus midfield of Fabinho Henderson Gini Milner Oxlade/Keita lesser extent a workhorse to protect the defence and do all the donkey work to link up with the attack.

The midfield wasn't ever spectacular, but a powerhouse to knit it all together.

I suppose , yes, Thiago has changed that. To more creative midfield when the game needs a plan b.
    Thiago almost give us the quadruple.
    And probably our best most technical midfielder to ever play for Liverpool .

But the 433 , needs 3 midfielders that have huge stamina, huge work-rate and knit seamlessly the defence and attack.

What the trouble is it either has got too old, too inexperienced, or injured (oxlade/ keita)

Quite possibly for the 433 to work as klopp likes , you have to forsake creative midfielders to Fabinho, Henderson, Gini midfield with little or no creativity.

The fullbacks and 3 attackers do that.

I remember a season playing on Saturday 442 I was no9.
    Scoring 30 goals+
    On the Sunday in a 433
    I was in midfield, no8 .
    Scored 1 goal few assists.
    The role was to run everywhere for 90mins.
    Totally different. Supporting and linking defence , no6, and attack.
    Simple football; press, tackle, simple pass and run.

And again - we win nowt without Fanbinho. We won nowt before him too. You can claim what you like - the facts are there for all to see.
    We won the Club World Cup without him

We all but won the Premier league in his absence

We did pretty damned well with Gini and hendo picking up his slack, with their positional excellence and athleticism either side of him plugging the holes he left, but when he was out, we moved into a completely new stratosphere, way way above the levels we ever played with Fab in the side, the playmaking from No6 to release players in behind or in time and space either side with such devastating accuracy and consistency absolutely instrumental to it

You don't like that as it doesn't fit your narrative, but that playmaking is there for all to see on youtube and we always be there, were people to contrast that with the game v Atletico where all the recipients of it were making the same runs but with Fab at No6 unable to connect them as I did, it's undeniable

The reducing of so many, almost all our opponents in that run of P15 W15 to virtually zero meaningful possession in our half or attempts on target through the incredible higher levels of our press and counter press in his absence, together with the defensive stats from those games showing our defenders and keepers had virtually nothing to do will also always be there, I went through them and this with CCTV when he tried to claim we'd been keeping clean sheets because of Gomez, producing stats that showed he'd had precious little defending to do

Jurgen's first major error was bringing Fab back in, should have used him sparingly to the end of the season, won the Champions League too, set a record Premier League points total, moved him on in the summer and brought in another top actual No6 with the same profile and even higher qualities and attributes as Hendo, rather than a RB converted to play as a destroyer

Actually, I'll correct myself there, signing Keita and persisting with him after the AFCON nonsense of playing injured and fucking himself up for the rest of his career was his first major error, Fab was his second

Bringing Fab back in as he did was an incredible betrayal of club standards and practice stretching back to long before I was born, under Shankly, Bob, Joe or Kenny he doesn't get back in, not ever, not in a million years with that evolution and the team in that run of form in his absence, not a fucking chance, so yes, you could say he had an incredible blindspot in midfield, so incredible he was willing to bin off 60 years of The Liverpool Way for it

Good lord what amazing propensity you have for tunnel vision.

Choosing to look at a 15 game stretch in a season where we won almost every game - when a league season alone is 38.

It’s just pointless discussing this with someone who clearly will not accept reality.

4-1 on the night, 6-6 on aggregate, extra-time, penalties, Alisson scores the winning penalty, our 11th in the shoot-out.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Abductor, that doesn't sound good. Hopefully not a long lay off.
    Klopp's comments suggest it shouldn't be a long layoff. But we have been here before where a small injury turns into a lengthy absence for a player. So wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    4-1 on the night, 6-6 on aggregate, extra-time, penalties, Alisson scores the winning penalty, our 11th in the shoot-out.
    Could happen….. was it Fletch? “Do you belieeeve”?

Last edited by Steveo; 14th March 2023 at 11:12 PM.