Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Real Madrid (Champion's League Last-16, Second Leg)

As unlikely as it is, if there is one club in world football that could turn this round it's ours.

Didn’t Klopp’s Dortmund beat them 4:1? Be a treat if we could do that over there.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Hope they don’t embarrass themselves again tomorrow, the midfield will be as weak as any fielded under Klopp.
    "My name is Maximus Nabius Decimus Keitus, Commander of the Muscle Injuries, Loyal Servant to Sitting on the Bench. Father to half-time Substitutions, Husband to the Disappointment of Reds everywhere and I will have my Wages - at this Club or the next"

Very good Sid.

It seems we can’t have our Keita - and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    "My name is Maximus Nabius Decimus Keitus, Commander of the Muscle Injuries, Loyal Servant to Sitting on the Bench. Father to half-time Substitutions, Husband to the Disappointment of Reds everywhere and I will have my Wages - at this Club or the next"
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    As unlikely as it is, if there is one club in world football that could turn this round it's ours.
    Would be something else - not just due to the task in hand but the remaining sides.

Bayern Munich
    Man City
    Napoli (probably)
    Chelsea
    Benfica
    Inter
    AC Milan

There are good sides in there of course but it's a collectively weaker selection than what is often seen by this stage.

Probably the best chance Man City will have for a while - would be a good chuckle if Bayern or Napoli dispatched them.

Tactics for tonight. Hit long and in the corners at every opportunity. Bypass the so-called midfield and let the forwards attack their full backs .
    Big Sam likes this.

Another behind the settee jobbie tonight, for me.

Just remember Big Igors heroics against Juve all those years ago. Anything is possible.......

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Another behind the settee jobbie tonight, for me.
    Worst-case-scenario we get thumped.

We are already up against it. About a 1% chance we'll win.

But 1% beats 0% - just try to enjoy it if you can.

All about how you frame it. I've been working outdoors in the cold and rain today. I'll be indoors for the match and that's a net win.

Tonight's a free hit. A roll of the Dice. If we are 3-0 up with ten minutes to go and Real Madrid have us penned in then yeah, behind the sofa time

Two 45-minute games of Football tonight. One needs won 2-0 and the other 1-0 to earn a half-hour bonus round of gut-wrenching squeaky bum time. I just don't see it happening this evening, but sometimes gambles pay off.

It's likely our last Champion's League knockout game until February 2025 so grab yourself some snacks and a bevvy and make the best of it.