Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Others games this crap weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You're not very good at this, go and watch the game against the filthy again, the change in tactics was massive, look at Bajcetic's position and Henderson's position in both games, look at the communication in both games, players constantly checking their own positions and each others and constantly picking up

Look at how few players we used in our attacks to score all 7 goals v the filthy, just devastatingly direct and precise and using the space we created by not flooding it with players so well and how many players we had picking up opposition players to prevent any counter should our play break down on all our goals v the filthy

It's chalk and cheese the difference is absolutely massive, no change in tactics, you're clueless my friend if you think there was no difference in tactics
    Because playing Bournemouth and playing Utd are chalk and cheese. Did you expect the two games to be similar? Maybe you're not very good at this? Do you expect the Madrid match to be more similar to the Utd game or the Bournemouth game?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Lovely favour from Leeds there.

Any favour can tip it at the end.
    Aye a little favour I guess. I'm worried about our next 2 league games being away.
    Our away form is horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Because playing Bournemouth and playing Utd are chalk and cheese. Did you expect the two games to be similar? Maybe you're not very good at this? Do you expect the Madrid match to be more similar to the Utd game or the Bournemouth game?
    In 19-20 when won the Premier League title, we won it by playing our system and our way and sticking to it and finding ways of winning games against all comers playing our way, we ground lots of results out, didn't overcommit, or leave ourselves wide open to counters, we played our game, and if we had to push players, say LCM further forward at a point in the game looking for a winner, then we did it when it was apparent we had to, not as a change from the outset

That's what a working system is, that's what makes a system successful and gives you incredibly strong understanding and automation and know how as a group to win games against all different types of teams. In the run of P15 W15 in Fab's absence we won successive games against Tottenham and Spurs playing our game and nicking a late winner through pinning them in with expert pressing and counter pressing and nicking the ball off them late on around their own area to score

Bournemouth had Billing, playing off their No9 right across the line, too deep for either CB to go to him, looking to be their player for transition, and then their player to arrive in the box, so the midfield had to be employed to stop that most basic of tactics, so having Fabinho supported by a LCM sitting alongside him for the most part was obviously essential, but we failed to do that at any point of the game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    In 19-20 when won the Premier League title, we won it by playing our system and our way and sticking to it and finding ways of winning games against all comers playing our way, we ground lots of results out, didn't overcommit, or leave ourselves wide open to counters, we played our game, and if we had to push players, say LCM further forward at a point in the game looking for a winner, then we did it when it was apparent we had to, not as a change from the outset

That's what a working system is, that's what makes a system successful and gives you incredibly strong understanding and automation and know how as a group to win games against all different types of teams. In the run of P15 W15 in Fab's absence we won successive games against Tottenham and Spurs playing our game and nicking a late winner through pinning them in with expert pressing and counter pressing and nicking the ball off them late on around their own area to score
    You raise good points and I agree with them but the system hasn't changed. Most of the players are just three years older. In 19/20 we were happy to leave VVD and Matip 2 vs 2 against anyone in the world. Not now. That's just one example of how we're different with mostly the same players. It's not about Klopp or tactics or playing possession football against Bournemouth, it comes down to rebuilding the squad.

City scrape past Palace with a Haaland penalty. They are miles off their best form too, just have a squad the size of a planet to work with while they evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Aye a little favour I guess. I'm worried about our next 2 league games being away.
    Our away form is horrid.
    I trust us more against Man City and Chelsea than "lesser" sides but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    You raise good points and I agree with them but the system hasn't changed. Most of the players are just three years older. In 19/20 we were happy to leave VVD and Matip 2 vs 2 against anyone in the world. Not now. That's just one example of how we're different with mostly the same players. It's not about Klopp or tactics or playing possession football against Bournemouth, it comes down to rebuilding the squad.
    No we didn't do that, there were rare exceptions it happened, we mostly made angles for them, we played with a LCM and RCM controller in some games, in most we played with a LCM controller and a more attacking RCM, on Sunday Henderson very clearly played the LCM controller role and played it very well, today Bajcetic was very clearly not making any attempt whatsoever at playing the LCM controller role, he was playing an attacking LCM role and not getting back or tracking back, and he got robbed twice again (in a No10 position at that) trying his little showboat trick he probably learnt off Thiago that worked for him his first 2 games and he's been dispossessed every time he's tried since

I'm really concerned for the lads future now, he's learning bad habits from the wrong players rather than good ones from the right players to educate him on playing midfield for Liverpool
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Utter nonsense says hello.

Arsenal cutting through Fulham at ease in the first half. Two up, another chalked off by VAR and other chances missed.

Casemiro red carded for the twats against Saints after VAR intervention. Maybe last Sunday broke him🤣