Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Henderson

Naah..

One senior out Gini and one senior in Thiago @ almost 30 and £25 million - is the sum total of our midfield business since 2018! It's pathetic and you were calling it out last summer and the summer before. Now that you can crowbar it into your deeply flawed rant against our best midfielder you are attempting the impossible.

One senior out Lovren and one junior/Senior £35 million Konate into our defence since 2018..

Don't even try to make that sound close to elite level

It's weak by any standard
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th March 2023 at 07:12 PM.

Enough said

You'll not find any youtube of a Liverpool player under Klopp making the play so brilliantly, playing so many absolutely perfectly weighted, angled and flighted balls with the perfect spin on them for our forwards and full backs to score or assist from, because there isn't one, some of the short off the cuff ones are brilliant too

Look at that and how brilliant for our players that type of service is and you'll understand why I'm excited at the prospect of us possibly landing Koopmeiners and Stach, imagine if we'd had a LCM and RCM either side of Hendo at No6 who could both play those ypes of passes so brilliantly and consistently in 18-20, we'd have been unstoppable
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So is he out of the Madrid game ?

Yep - didn’t train before they were due to leave and hasn’t travelled

He played such a huge role in seeing us past Barcelona with his lovely take of the ball past the defender and just getting his shot on target low to the right of the keepers feet so he could only parry straight to Origi for our absolutely crucial early opener, as Milner tweeted when Hendo's baby being born was 9 months from the Barcelona game "Origi assist", the players all knew it, even if too many here never credited him for it

It's now time for someone else to step up and perform miracles to see Hendo into this season's quarter finals

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I really wish people would stop throwing the likes of Milner and Hendo in with Keita, Ox, Jones.

Milner and Hendo have more than contributed to the success of this team.
    Thats why I said "to a less extent"
    Perhaps I should have said "to an incredibly less extent"
    Of course not.
    Henderson and Milner have made huge contributions.
    But to still be relying on the latter (and an 18yo this season) just shows the mess the midfield is in.
    The 9 current 1st team midfield ;
    Only Fabinho Henderson and Thiago should be at the club as back up.
    The others aren't up to it.
    That's why it's a joke that klopp is relying on a rookie 18yo.
    Desperate times, Desperate measures.

Disappointed with oxlade and keita , who theoretically should be the 1st team choice now.
    The once excellent transfer committee failed immensely with £87m transfer on the two players and £60m wages over 5 failed years by the 2 players.

So it has put the club back 2 years as neither wanted to leave and no clubs wanted to pay a transfer fee and stupidly high wages.

ac Milan don't want to pay keita wage demands even if he's on a free.

Henderson last 3 years has not pulled up many trees. To say he organise the press and counter press is giving him a pardon.not up to it anymore, deffo great to use sparingly but hes not able to rotate game to game anymore. He owes klopp a huge debt as he made him into a great player for 2-3 seasons but as his body relents on him he lacks the natural skill set and speed of thought to compensate.

The squad has been neglected.
    But how do you better it when the nucleus are still young enough and hard to replace.

Alisson, TAA , Vvd , Matip, Robbo, Henderson, Fabinho, Salah .

Gini left
    Mane left
    Firmino to leave.

Liverpool are ahead of plan and in good shape for the forward line.

Konaté is an excellent player.
    Only a new centre back needed.
    Fullbacks have Tsimikas and Gomez cover.

But the midfield is an absolute joke.

It needs about 6 new players tbh.
    Perhaps the idea is
    Bajcetic Morton Clark Elliott + Jones and Henderson (Milner role) + 3 new players.

Huge risks relying on 4 teenagers.

There is one thing about him that is really pissing me off, fucking keeping on with shit bastard Southgate's England, he needs to retire from that shit as Milner did and Trent should too

This is one thing we definitely agree on 19.. For the love of god man - tell Gareth and his merry men to FO!!