Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This is one thing we definitely agree on 19.. For the love of god man - tell Gareth and his merry men to FO!!
    The fact he keeps on even though they blatantly disrespected him and our other players, even though the FA, PGMOL and Premier League treat our club and players as they do, even though he missed the Euros because he was short of match fitness because Kavanagh let him be fouled until it injured him v the bitters, although I think the being disrespected makes him more determined and he's been disrespected a plenty by our own fans and Jurgen and keeps on coming
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The squad has been neglected.
    But how do you better it when the nucleus are still young enough and hard to replace.

Alisson, TAA , Vvd , Matip, Robbo, Henderson, Fabinho, Salah .

Gini left
    Mane left
    Firmino to leave.

Liverpool are ahead of plan and in good shape for the forward line.

Konaté is an excellent player.
    Only a new centre back needed.
    Fullbacks have Tsimikas and Gomez cover.

But the midfield is an absolute joke.

It needs about 6 new players tbh.
    Perhaps the idea is
    Bajcetic Morton Clark Elliott + Jones and Henderson (Milner role) + 3 new players.

Huge risks relying on 4 teenagers.
    For me Klopp needs to bring the squad and the system together.
    This year the squad has been best suited to a double pivot in midfield.
    I'd rather see more variation tactically too

Squad wise:

Leaving or rumoured/possibly* leaving:
    Adrian - Matip - Keita - Melo - Ox - Milner - Firmino - Salah
    Some Legends there and......
    Matip if he left would need replacing sharply and double that at least on Salah.

I wouldn't be shocked if we sold Salah - leaving as the clubs record 'PL' goalscorer. Filling Messi's boots at PSG or a stint in La Liga ! Just hope it's summer 2024.

For me that would cement his undoubtedly legendary status. A great contributor and worker, ever present leaving us quids in ! Himself and Messi unrivalled presently at rwf for goals & assists.

Goalkeeper:
    Alisson Kelleher Youthy
    Grand

Defence
    Rb - Trent?Ramsay?Gomez?
    Cb - VVD Konate Philips Matip ? Gomez ?
    Lb Robbo Tsimi

Could easily see a right back & a centre back arrive. If we made these 2 additions: I've no clue who we might sign at RB & CB or who could leave though Matip has rumours.
    If we played 442 Salah&Nunez, Trent could be given a chance playing right of a 4 man midfield. Take him out of defence. Who knows, most likely Klopp sticks to 433.
    I could see Klopp moving for one addition minimum

Midfield:
    Hendo Fab Thiago
    Elliot Carvalho Jones

2 additions Minimum, ideally 3:
    Touchy 70 & Enzo last summer, then Bellingham this summer would have been ideal additions.
    I could see Klopp moving for two additions minimum

Attack:
    Rwf Salah Elliot?
    Cf Nunez Jota
    Lwf Diaz Gapko

Buy a rwf - 19 had Chiesa as a replacement. Salah&Nunez or Salah off Nunez.

SUMMER 2023
    DEPARTURES - ADDITIONS/FAILEDACQUISITIONS

Adrian ---
    Matip --- 19s CB?
    Melo --- 19s RB?
    Keita --- Jude
    Ox --- Enzo
    Milner --- Touchy
    Firmino --- Chiesa

Goalkeeper:
    Alisson Kelleher Youthy
    Grand

Defence
    Rb - Trent?Ramsay?Gomez?19sGuy?
    Cb - VVD Konate Philips 19sGuy Gomez ?
    Lb Robbo Tsimi

Midfield:
    Hendo Fab Thiago
    Jude Touchy Enzo
    Elliot Carvalho Jones

Rwf Salah Chiesa
    Cf Nunez Gapko
    Lwf Diaz Jota

If its 4
    Cb, 6, 8, Rwf

If its 5
    Cb, 6, 8, 8/10, RWF

And add a right back for 6

I'd sack Lijnders and get Rafa to take a gig on the ticket.

433 all the way for me

There's just so much more we could have done and still can do with the players we have to give us a lot more variation especially with our full backs and forwards

Recruiting a new No6 who can play all the passes our players thrive on most and more and who reads it brilliantly and positions themselves accordingly, with a couple more mids with the same skills sets is key for me

Real are building a 433 team with powerful athletic midfielders, with forwards making constant runs in behind, without a designated playmaker, all of them with the ability to play all the passes our players thrive on first and foremost, having practically all your players being able to release your forwards at any point from anywhere on the pitch gives you incredible variation already and makes it difficult for teams to press you so those players can develop greater overall passing and movement and link play by the virtue of the time and space the difficulty for teams to press them affords them

That was my plan from our midway through our title winning season, seems like at least Ancelotti thinks it's a good plan, that'll do for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”