Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trent questions Liverpool’s hunger

Trent questions Liverpool’s hunger

Trent Alexander-Arnold didn’t mince his words after Liverpool’s disappointing 1-0 defeat at Bournemouth on Saturday.…

Full story

Did he take a look at his own performances ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Did he take a look at his own performances ?
    Doesn't look like it. I'll be in a very small minority here but I have real concerns about him being our RB going forward. There's nobody pushing him and he's 100% the weakest out of the four.
    He's got away with it because his assists have been off the charts but in a rut like the one we are in his defensive frailties stick out like a sore thumb.
    He lacks concentration all the time and his positional common sense for a defender is none existent.
    He's been an integral part of what made us so good but I'd personally say that he along with Fabinho are the ones who's levels have dropped the most.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Doesn't look like it. I'll be in a very small minority here but I have real concerns about him being our RB going forward. There's nobody pushing him and he's 100% the weakest out of the four.
    He's got away with it because his assists have been off the charts but in a rut like the one we are in his defensive frailties stick out like a sore thumb.
    He lacks concentration all the time and his positional common sense for a defender is none existent.
    He's been an integral part of what made us so good but I'd personally say that he along with Fabinho are the ones who's levels have dropped the most.
    Agree. And I really wonder why he hasn't been pushed up into midfield, a position which many saw as his future.

We sold our rb cover, bought Ramsay from Aberdeen who seems to have fallen foul of the injury curse.

Having said all that, I'm not sure that Klopp would rotate anyway, just have to look at Robbo and Tsimikas situation on the left.

The whole fucking thing is a mess
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Agree. And I really wonder why he hasn't been pushed up into midfield, a position which many saw as his future.
    Double-edged Sword that.

I think he would be mint in there in terms of passing opportunities and so on, but he could be dispossessed from far more angles.

That said, if you had a more defence-minded right-back behind him it may massively compensate for that deficiency.

Sort the midfield out...... maybe it'll sort trent out

Didn't win champions league and title with ease because he's shit and was exposed all the time and kept making mistake after mistake did we?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Didn't win champions league and title with ease because he's shit and was exposed all the time and kept making mistake after mistake did we?
    Also depth/cover.

Trent plays so many minutes of so many games and with playing high he will have to cover a lot of ground when we are broken against and that adds up over a season.

Some lads are freaks of Nature and can do that almost relentlessly (Robbo says Hi) but it's bound to get into the legs as a season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

You're right with that but it doesn't solve his defensive issues. A RBs first priority should be to be able to do the basics of defending. I get that he's not a traditional RB, both he and Robbo have been immense but if he's not protected we are vulnerable. Maybe if we sign good mids he gets back to his best? I'd like to think so as I love the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You're right with that but it doesn't solve his defensive issues. A RBs first priority should be to be able to do the basics of defending. I get that he's not a traditional RB, both he and Robbo have been immense but if he's not protected we are vulnerable. Maybe if we sign good mids he gets back to his best? I'd like to think so as I love the lad.
    Maybe a Arbeloa signing would be fantastic, especially if flexible across the back....you know what gomez could be if he wasn't as fit as me..

then we can switch it up depending on who we're playing.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Trent's lesser form and numbers not being as good are a result of our change in how we play, as are his defensive frailties being more easily exposed

Elliott was highlighted, as I had already said, as getting in Mo's space and Trent's space and making both less effective on every sports channel, Sky, ESPN, ITV, BBC, BT SPort he's played in every league game we've had

The game v the filthy was the first game I've watched him and thought he had a good game, was good enough in the press and counter press and the consistency of his positioning in it, wasn't getting in Mo's space. was still getting in Trent's and limited the effect on the game he could have but not quite as badly, it really looked like there was finally something to work with, then Jurgen changes a winning team, genius

The means as in sacrificing two (three including Hendo) of our most influential players of last season, whose link up and movement between each other was the fulcrum for almost everything good that we did has definitely not justified the ends in the case of Elliott, people can point to or single out odd rare decent performances and point to some long overdue shoots of development, but it just simply can't justify what it did to the team dynamic and Mo and Trent's form and ability to have a far greater influence on games over 26 games so far
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”