Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trent questions Liverpool’s hunger

Yeah, might want to have a word about the manager not playing to his strengths, maybe he'd do better if that happened

Trent's stats across last season and this season show

He's better defensively this season
    He's created more big chances this season, that other players have missed, H
    He's way down on accurate long balls and crosses and He's way down on number of passes and passes per match
    Both of which clearly shows he's not getting into the same positions he creates from as he was last season to make the crosses or play the long balls (usually right to left diagonals) or make the play and he isn't getting found in those positions by our midfielders

Edit: it's as if there's another player occupying his space while another hogs the ball so he is less involved in making the play
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Defensively Trent's tackle success rate has jumped from 57% last season to 73% this season a massive improvement and he's also made the same amount of tackles in fewer games

He's won more duels than he has lost this season, losing more than he won last season

He's won a greater percentage of his aerial duels this season, with similar percentage improvement to his tackling if I could be arsed to calculate it

It all pretty convincingly shows his defending has improved quite considerably

Just means hes gotten away with countless errors. which he has.. when the balls played over his head to the wide man of the opposition. he has fuck all idea what to do..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I've not been seeing that except for on the odd occasion, not with the frequency which you suggest, the highlights I've seen of our losses and our bad losses suggest to me teams are playing through of LCM and No6 area more than any other, Billing scores for Bournemouth right in the centre of our goal having run from midfield and not been picked up or tracked, the ball in is from down our left

I've seen quite a lot highlights this season that are the same

As for him creating less, not being able to get in the same positions because other another player is occupying the space he has consistently created from for 6 season's prior to this one and our midfield is not giving him the ball in the positions he usually creates from deep in - It's not rocket science, those stats paint a very clear picture that is the case, no other reason the number of crosses would be down so significantly

Trent has also created more big chances already this season than he did last, despite clearly getting less opportunity to, he has created more big chances than any of our other players, twice as many as Robbo and almost twice as many as each of our 2 equal next best, Mo and Nunez

So it would appear he is better both offensively and defensively, creating more with drastically reduced opportunities to do so

Regarding the Elliott issue on our right with Mo and Trent, Mo's stats for crosses, assists, big chances created and goals are all significantly down on last season too and the one before too and the one before that..........especially his goals

NOT getting into the same positions - Like Trent

I just like to deal with the facts, stats can be used to misconstrue things, but when the stats match exactly what you've been seeing with your eyes and what every pundit and analyst on every Football broadcaster has also detailed, well, they become proper tools that support the facts

The irony of all this is, I'm currently watching 'A Few Good Men'

'You can't handle the truth' why discuss, examine or consider the truth when you can just lazily keep blaming individual players for issues that firmly lie at the feet of the manager and his coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Rather than write pages and pages of excuses about underfunding and this kind if crap you just posted because someone is making the accurate point that through their changes Jurgen and his staff are no longer getting the best out of the players they have and have ceased playing to their players greatest strengths and abilities in their efforts to get the best out of Thiago (that STILL haven't worked) and accommodate Elliott (that also STILL hasn't worked) isn't it time you both woke up and smelt the coffee?

He could have been backed more yes, but he simply isn't getting the best out of the players he has, picking the best ones that compliment each other in combination or playing to our players greatest strengths, it's right there in front of all our eyes, why deny it, it's long overdue being recognised by everyone here
    Funny that injuries and lack of investment in midfield. Where we have invested we see improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    Funny that injuries and lack of investment in midfield. Where we have invested we see improvement.
    Have we? I could have sworn that rather than accept our midfielders role in the system was not the traditional role we were all used to, but predominantly to support our full backs playing further forward as they were more creative, that most people moaned for 3 or 4 seasons we needed more creative midfielders, who scored more goals and got more assists, I seem to remember us investing in a midfielder who was supposed to do all that and who to date has done none of it