Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trent questions Liverpool’s hunger

Cmon, it isn't just about tiredness or minutes or even defensive cover with trent. Didn't play WC and it's not like he puts in robbo shifts.

The fact is the lad loses concentration or is caught ball watching, makes no real effort to get back, or is simply positionally unaware of what to do and where he needs to be.
    He seemed to at least try when the team was playing well. You can forgive some lapses or being caught up field when he's actually contributing.

This season he just wants attacking glory.

Correct me if I'm wrong but robbo has far more assists this season?
    Yeah trent makes some good passes but he also often makes horrific ones and gives it away. He did it in the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Cmon, it isn't just about tiredness or minutes or even defensive cover with trent. Didn't play WC and it's not like he puts in robbo shifts.

The fact is the lad loses concentration or is caught ball watching, makes no real effort to get back, or is simply positionally unaware of what to do and where he needs to be.
    He seemed to at least try when the team was playing well. You can forgive some lapses or being caught up field when he's actually contributing.

This season he just wants attacking glory.

Correct me if I'm wrong but robbo has far more assists this season?
    Yeah trent makes some good passes but he also often makes horrific ones and gives it away. He did it in the last game.
    Spot on.

Also there was a touch of arrogance that has set in with Trent. The arm crossing, the head nod stuff that he does. I get that it's becoming part of the game but he really need to get out of that mindset and focus on his game
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    He seemed to at least try when the team was playing well. You can forgive some lapses or being caught up field when he's actually contributing
    We're supposed to be talking about Trent and here's Toshin giving an astute analysis of Fab at No6 which most prats here have been absolutely fine with as long as he's playing there instead of the vastly superior with and without the ball Hendo

Jesus wept a huge part, the biggest part of all our defensive issues we've had for far too long is continuing to play a RB at No6 who has all the glaring deficiencies Toshin listed and many more in abundance who continually lets our press get broken and allows opposition transitions through a midfielder getting in behind him or either side of him, just as he did v Bournemouth without his captain alongside him picking up the slack as he did v the filthy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We're supposed to be talking about Trent and here's Toshin giving an astute analysis of Fab at No6 which most prats here have been absolutely fine with as long as he's playing there instead of the vastly superior with and without the ball Hendo

Jesus wept a huge part, the biggest part of all our defensive issues we've had for far too long is continuing to play a RB at No6 who has all the glaring deficiencies Toshin listed and many more in abundance who continually lets our press get broken and allows opposition transitions through a midfielder getting in behind him or either side of him, just as he did v Bournemouth without his captain alongside him picking up the slack as he did v the filthy
    Are you incapable of posting without mentioning Fabinho 🤣🤣

Here's one for you all

In 19-20 particularly in the 15 game run with Hendo at No6, Trent got forward, got loads of assists created lots of big chances played 192 accurate long balls, usually releasing Mane or Mo with them, played all 38 league games and we didn't have any issues with his defensive limitations until after the Hendo injury when things went a little awry

We need to examine what's changed overall, what has happened that we are no longer able to support Trent playing to his best, Elliott playing really hasn't help this, but in general it is another issue that has surfaced through our playing more open trying to pass through teams and overplaying

There is an absolutely gigantic elephant in the room no-one talks about and blames every but the people who are actually responsible, at present and for all of this season, through changes to how we play when we rarely gave opposition sides a chance, they have no doubt got their heads together to implement, our manager and coaching staff have changed things and so many things to the point they are no longer able to get the best out of all our players or anything near their best and they've changed so much they seem absolutely clueless as to how to put it right

The closest they came was reverting to playing more direct, getting width back on our left to link with Robbo and making sure we had runs in behind again and something resembling a high quality press again in the game v the filthy, there were still issues with this as in some games Gomez was still played at RCB to disastrous effect, Elliott played at RCM still inhibiting Mo and Trent's games until the game v the filthy when he only inhibited Trent's game and to a lesser extent

Then, when you think they're actually on the verge of cracking it, you get that line up and the tweaks to positional play, most notably no LCM controller and an attacking LCM instead against Bournemouth

People need to start accepting that Jurgen and his coaches are responsible for most of what's gone wrong, they're responsible for players poor form with their changes

I always talk about automation, familiarity, knowing what x player will do in any given situation, where your space will be, how and when to time your runs, all the elements of it, so let's take one example, Hendo, Mo and Trent combined to form an incredibly high functioning triangle last season that was the fulcrum of most of what we did really well, a key working part in the machinery

Jurgen opts to ditch that entirely from the outset of this season, playing Elliott there instead, he tried that last season and it didn't work and what developed while Elliott was out injured worked so well he didn't get back in, so why try it again and disturb soemthing that works brilliantly with highly developed understanding, movement and automation between 3 key players, especially when you've lost Mane and need to bed in a new forward at No9 and LFWD, surely you change as little as possible

So the change is made anyway and it badly effects Mo and Trent and disturbs all of the built up over time understanding, movement, manipulation of space for one another and automation, you can't then after a few games or with 15 minutes of a game remaining throw Henderson in there or on there and expect things to just function as they had been doing so brilliantly by magic when Mo and Trent have been struggling for form, goals and assists because of the changes and been trying to work it out so have changed their movement and positioning and everything to try and make it work, human nature and football simply doesn't work like that, you get bad decisions being made, you get players caught between doing what they used to do with Hendo there and what they've been trying to do with Elliott getting in the way

Jurgen and his staff have caused this and it's long overdue they started to answer for it rather than people blaming players who have consistently been incredible for us when Jurgen and his coaches played to their strengths and gave them plety of continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Here's one for you all

In 19-20 particularly in the 15 game run with Hendo at No6, Trent got forward, got loads of assists created lots of big chances played 192 accurate long balls, usually releasing Mane or Mo with them, played all 38 league games and we didn't have any issues with his defensive limitations until after the Hendo injury when things went a little awry

We need to examine what's changed overall, what has happened that we are no longer able to support Trent playing to his best, Elliott playing really hasn't help this, but in general it is another issue that has surfaced through our playing more open trying to pass through teams and overplaying

There is an absolutely gigantic elephant in the room no-one talks about and blames every but the people who are actually responsible, at present and for all of this season, through changes to how we play when we rarely gave opposition sides a chance, they have no doubt got their heads together to implement, our manager and coaching staff have changed things and so many things to the point they are no longer able to get the best out of all our players or anything near their best and they've changed so much they seem absolutely clueless as to how to put it right

The closest they came was reverting to playing more direct, getting width back on our left to link with Robbo and making sure we had runs in behind again and something resembling a high quality press again in the game v the filthy, there were still issues with this as in some games Gomez was still played at RCB to disastrous effect, Elliott played at RCM still inhibiting Mo and Trent's games until the game v the filthy when he only inhibited Trent's game and to a lesser extent

Then, when you think they're actually on the verge of cracking it, you get that line up and the tweaks to positional play, most notably no LCM controller and an attacking LCM instead against Bournemouth

People need to start accepting that Jurgen and his coaches are responsible for most of what's gone wrong, they're responsible for players poor form with their changes

I always talk about automation, familiarity, knowing what x player will do in any given situation, where your space will be, how and when to time your runs, all the elements of it, so let's take one example, Hendo, Mo and Trent combined to form an incredibly high functioning triangle last season that was the fulcrum of most of what we did really well, a key working part in the machinery

Jurgen opts to ditch that entirely from the outset of this season, playing Elliott there instead, he tried that last season and it didn't work and what developed while Elliott was out injured worked so well he didn't get back in, so why try it again and disturb soemthing that works brilliantly with highly developed understanding, movement and automation between 3 key players, especially when you've lost Mane and need to bed in a new forward at No9 and LFWD, surely you change as little as possible

So the change is made anyway and it badly effects Mo and Trent and disturbs all of the built up over time understanding, movement, manipulation of space for one another and automation, you can't then after a few games or with 15 minutes of a game remaining throw Henderson in there or on there and expect things to just function as they had been doing so brilliantly by magic when Mo and Trent have been struggling for form, goals and assists because of the changes and been trying to work it out so have changed their movement and positioning and everything to try and make it work, human nature and football simply doesn't work like that, you get bad decisions being made, you get players caught between doing what they used to do with Hendo there and what they've been trying to do with Elliott getting in the way

Jurgen and his staff have caused this and it's long overdue they started to answer for it rather than people blaming players who have consistently been incredible for us when Jurgen and his coaches played to their strengths and gave them plety of continuity
    You need professional help at this stage. Your posts are disturbing how you blame fabihno for all bad results but henderson is your knight in shing armour.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    You need professional help at this stage. Your posts are disturbing how you blame fabihno for all bad results but henderson is your knight in shing armour.
    I don't find your post remotely relevant to my post you quoted

I'm talking about Jurgen and the staff changing things, to me at least, the players in the triangle of our right last season are to serve no other point than they were the 3 players it worked brilliantly with, were that Trent, Thiago and Mo and Jurgen and his staff had changed it to be Elliott AGAIN the experiment already having failed last season, my post would have said Trent Thiago and Mo, this isn't a Henderson thing, I can tell you're one of Steveo's chums, because you try to do exactly the same to any post that he does, try and make this as though it's about Henderson, because the post is factually correct and you don't like it and to be perfectly frank, it's getting tedious and pathetic from the pair of you

Were last season's triangle on our right that was the fulcrum of the majority of everything good we did

Mo, Trent and Thiago I'd have put that

Were it Jota, Gomez and Elliott I'd have put that

You catch my drift? It is incidental that Hendo was one of the 3 in the point i'm making, he just happens to be the player who was part of that triangle, if it were another player, I'd be talking about them making the exact same point

See my past comments on Jota's position altering Mane's position at LFWD and that affecting the relationship and partnership of Mane and Robbo on our left, one of the other issues Jurgen and his staff created

See my comments on Konate or Matip being far superior Cbs to Gomez and front foot aggressive defenders

My posts are relevant to the players involved in what I am discussing, I fully appreciate that for whatever reason, you and Steveo have an incredibly twisted and frankly utterly bizarre desperately low opinion of our Captain and desperately try and shoot down or ridicule any positive comment about him, both or you are absolutely incapable of submitting that Fabinho isn't a very good midfielder, even after a performances as devastatingly poor as the 3-0 v Watford the 7-2 v Villa, the 5-2 v Real or that Thiago doesn't suit our other players abilities, even though that's glaringly obvious and he has failed to deliver the greater creativity from midfield he was purchased to provide, which simply can't be disproved, it's there across all his stats, that's your problem not mine and you both have severe issues on that front with both those players

I can only think it's the pathetic Henderson took the armband after Stevie he's not fit how he dare me you're simply unable to get past in your infantile approach to supporting the team and its players

Anything longer than 4 sentences, i tend not to read. So that cancels out like 98% of Nineteenx posts..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Rather than write pages and pages of excuses about underfunding and this kind if crap you just posted because someone is making the accurate point that through their changes Jurgen and his staff are no longer getting the best out of the players they have and have ceased playing to their players greatest strengths and abilities in their efforts to get the best out of Thiago (that STILL haven't worked) and accommodate Elliott (that also STILL hasn't worked) isn't it time you both woke up and smelt the coffee?

He could have been backed more yes, but he simply isn't getting the best out of the players he has, picking the best ones that compliment each other in combination or playing to our players greatest strengths, it's right there in front of all our eyes, why deny it, it's long overdue being recognised by everyone here

Anyhow mentioning Trent.. Its like the old days with the likes of Lovren coming out after games and saying we need to do better.. and he was shit at times himself. Just shut the f up and play well for 95+ minutes
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century