Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

If Diaz is back that will be a huge plus if only from the bench, for me he gets the role of LFWD and how to play it and plays it very much like Mane did in many ways but with his own personal twist on it

The pressing and counter pressing is there, the movement and runs and timing of them and winning the ball ahead of the full back or doing enough to stop them getting an effective clearing header, lots of similarities between the 2, Mane being a touch quicker and more powerful with the greater finishing prowess

Nunez has been better for us at LFWD than he has at No9, but he lacks the same intensity there, always has some great moments in a game, but not nearly consistently enough, he should be a constant menace terrorising and dominating the full back and RCB with and without the ball

His movement needs work, where Diaz will time his outside to in runs depending on our play and who has the ball and where, Nunez just kind of wanders into the 9 position without any obvious trigger

For both and Mo to be more effective we need to sort our right side out, because neither Mo or Trent are getting the ball in the areas they're most effective to provide service to LFWD and they're the 2 who provided most of it last season

Trent's diagonals fand crosses rom deep or further forward to LFWD have always been a big part of our LFWDs service so that right side has to be made to function at least as well as last season again
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Who's left standing?

Jurgen is going to have to rally the side for one final push from some. We've had all sorts of line ups this season and it's produced the most mixed of mixed bags!

Think we just go with what we have and hope that muscle memory gets us over the line. Then Rest, Regroup and Recruit and go again!

Alisson
    TTA - Konate - VVD - Robbo
    Henderson - Fabinho - Thiago
    Salah - Gakpo - Nunez
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Who's left standing?

Jurgen is going to have to rally the side for one final push from some. We've had all sorts of line ups this season and it's produced the most mixed of mixed bags!

Think we just go with what we have and hope that muscle memory gets us over the line. Then Rest, Regroup and Recruit and go again!
    I would like to see that happen, I really hope it is what happens, the only change I would make is to swap Hendo and Thiago, I don't think Thiago has delivered what he was bought to, I do think in his time with us his best performances while still not getting the assists or goals we expected, have been at RCM, I think we need to play Hendo at LCM as the controller, as we miss having a player operating in that role and need to tighten up in that respect and he played it really well v the filthy

I just really want to see us stick to 433 with the same starting 11 for all the remaining games if possible

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Thiago Fabinho Henderson

Salah Wagbo Nunez

Not ideal for me, but the best we can put out in my opinion, I just want to see some continuity, and like you hope some of the muscle memory sees us get some type of form
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just noticed this isn't until the start of April.
    Which isn't a bad thing for our squad.
    Hopefully Naby will be fit by then 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just noticed this isn't until the start of April.
    Which isn't a bad thing for our squad.
    Hopefully Naby will be fit by then 😂😂
    We aren't a side that seem to benefit from big breaks, but hopefully good news for players coming back from injury.

In the meantime, más féidir leat an teachtaireacht seo a thuiscint, ba chóir duit caitheamh leat féin le pionta.

No, we are not.

Can only see a third consecutive defeat, possibly a heavy one if they’re on it.

A Melo Thiago Fabinho midfield. Play them every game till they drop, they may all be gone by the summer.

Brazilian midfield... samba.

Next 3 games very exciting.
    Perhaps 3 surprising performances.

Darwin injured? Any idea what the injury is?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Darwin injured? Any idea what the injury is?
    According to Uraguayan news outlets,he has a cut ankle he suffered during the R.Madrid game.
    This was why he pulled out of the Uraguayan team against Japan and S.Korea.(friendlies)
    Last edited by fagin; 19th March 2023 at 10:13 PM.